•~two~•

Art is by @gayradwhitedad on Instagram

~Jeremy's POV~

"Dude, you've got slushie all over your face!" Rich guffawed, doubling over with laughter. After going on a few more (and less crazy) rides near the Sky Rocket, we made the decision to stop for a brief snack break. All of us had souvenir cups of slushie, each with a different flavor. I couldn't figure out how to close the lid for the life of me, so I was left with drinking straight from the cup. I guess I'd tipped it back a little too far.

       "You need some napkins there?" Jake asked between laughs, slapping the table. Michael reached over to the napkin dispenser in the center and snatched up a few. Before he could hand them to me, I felt someone tug on my sleeve.

       "I'll help you get it off," Christine offered, wiping my face off with a paper towel. I felt my face grow warm as she cupped my cheek with her hand and guided the towel across my mouth.

After she seemed to have gotten all of the spilled slushie off of my face, she gave me a little peck on the cheek and wiped her hands off. Continuing to slurp down our slushies, we started to discuss what we should do next.

"I think games might be kinda fun," Khloe suggested. I nodded and scanned the group. We seemed to be missing someone.

"Hey guys," I asked, "where's Michael?"

"I think he went to the bathroom," Jenna muttered, tapping away on her iPhone.

"We should probably wait, don't you think?" I didn't want to abandon my best friend and leave for something else. We all agreed with slight nods and "mhm"s. My gaze wandered over to Christine, who looked as if she just had an epiphany.

"I'm going to, uh, go throw these away," she rambled quickly, snatching up the dirty napkins from the table. I watched as she leaped from her seat and took off towards a distant trash can, even though there was one right next to us.

That was odd, I thought, perplexed.

~Michael's POV~

I splashed some water into my face, instantly feeling better. When Christine started to get all fluffy and cute-couple-ish with Jeremy, I'd instantly bolted for the bathroom. It pained my already aching heart to watch Jeremy with someone else, especially since I knew he was happier with them.

I'd had a major boy crush on Jeremy ever since we met in 1st grade. Everything about him was just perfect. His sandy hair, his cute stutter, his beautiful azure eyes, everything. I often stared at him during class or at lunch, just admiring his glory and grace. The way he blushed anytime anyone complimented him made my heart swoon, and his enthusiasm for video games and things of that sort made me melt. I always went weak in the knees whenever he flashed that adorable grin of his. When we rode the Sky Rocket, I purposely made sure I was sitting next to him so that he would hold onto me the entire time.

I adjusted my glasses and stared at my lonely reflection, the only one in the deserted bathroom.

"Get ahold of yourself, Michael," I muttered, flicking myself on the forehead. "He's with Christine, and he's happy." I felt a tear ooze out of my eye and roll down my cheek that I didn't even bother to wipe away. I knew that I would always be longing for Jeremy, and that he would never accept my feelings. He was a straight as a ruler.

More tears wormed their way out of my eyes and, before I knew it, I was crying. Jeremy would never be mine. I'd never get to hold him in my arms and cuddle him to sleep. I'd never get the chance to feel his ever-so-soft lips pressed against mine.