•~twenty-eight~•

~Michael's POV~

       As we walked along the sidewalk, my thoughts drifted to five days before, on the first morning we spent in the amusement park. I couldn't help but chuckle at how ironic it seemed; in the beginning, Jeremy and Christine seemed like the perfect power couple, while I was just a hopeless, pining third wheel. Now, I was able to hug and kiss and cuddle the Love of my life all I wanted, without someone getting in my way.

       On a strange impulse, I suddenly stopped Jeremy in his tracks and pulled him into a deep kiss, holding him tightly in my arms. He was surprised at first, but he quickly slipped off my glasses and comfortably adjusted, wrapping his arms around my neck.

       "What's this for?" he murmured against my lips.

       "I just Love you a lot," I replied happily. He beamed and stuck his tongue out at me, giggling cutely. In response to his blep, I pressed a soft kiss to his cheek, thinking about how lucky I was to have such an adorable goof as my boyfriend.

"You know, we should really thank Christine," Jeremy commented. "It's all thanks to her that we're even together in the first place."

"We're gonna thank her for breaking up with you?" I mused, but he was completely serious.

       "Kind of. Um, do you remember the day she break up with me?"

       "How could I not?" I didn't mean to sound rude, but that was one of the best days of my life.

       "Remember that night, when I slept over at your house?"

       "Of course I do. You sobbed into my arms and had a nightmare."

       "Do you remember the stuff I said?" He asked awkwardly, playing with my hoodie strings.

       I scrunched my nose up and thought. "Kind of. You didn't understand, you thought she liked you--"

"I talked about her mentioning someone else," he interrupted. I raised my eyebrows, looking down at him.

       "Oh yeah, I remember that." He looked down at the floor, fumbling with his words. Realization hit me like a smack in the face. "She told you about what I did in the bathroom, didn't she?"

       He looked slightly confused and slightly worried. "Uhh, I dunno what you did in the bathroom, and God, I hope it wasn't a repeat of...that, but she half-told me how you felt about me. Because of that, I asked for her help in talking to you. It's mostly thanks to her that I screwed up the courage to go for it." He laughed nervously. "Oh, and also the fact that you kissed me goodnight and I woke up from a nightmare (coincidentally about you) cuddled in your arms."

I stammered gibberish quietly under my breath as the words casually fell from his lips. I could feel my jaw go slack and my eyes widen nervously, and I began to sweat. "Y-you were awake for that!?"

"Yep," he admitted sheepishly. Seeing the shock evidently present on my face, he frowned and left a soft, lingering kiss on my lips. "Don't worry, I liked it. You're a good cuddler."

I felt myself blushing and covered my face with one hand, only to have it pulled away and intertwined with Jeremy's. "Don't cover your beautiful face," he commanded softly. "It's too cute and full of adorableness to be covered up."

"Don't say that or I will literally explode," I warned, still trying to hide how flustered I was. His quiet, entrancing laughter rang through my ears pleasantly, and I savored the sweet sound as if it were the last thing I would ever hear.