•~three~•

~Michael's POV~

       "What should we do first?" Jeremy asked, scanning the open variety of games to play. I spotted a game to the right that had an enormous dolphin as a prize. Glancing down at Jeremy, I nudged him and pointed.

       "What about that game?" I suggested, making sure he saw the dolphin. His face lit up like the 4th of July night sky, his baby blue eyes twinkling with enthusiasm. As his best friend, I knew that Jeremy's favorite animal was a dolphin. And when I say favorite, I mean favorite. He had some sort of obsession with the aquatic mammal, and his mood could go from depressed to ecstatic in an instant if you brought it into the matter.

       "Let's go," he commanded breathlessly, tugging on my sleeve. Christine and I were pulled over to the booth within seconds.

       "One dollar to play," the man behind the counter droned. He had long brown hair, wore a black sweatshirt, and had an expression set to kill. He looked as if he really didn't want to be where he was.

       I slid him three dollars and took a seat in front of one of the squirters. To play the game, you had to spray the water from the squirters into a certain spot so that you could advance your little character across the board behind the counter. At this point, a few other people had joined and begun to brag about how they would win the game and that we had no chance. Luckily, I had spot-on aim. Once the worker said "start", I was squeezing the trigger like my life depended on it. I was determined to win the dolphin for Jeremy. My little character was speeding ahead of everyone else's, and there was no way they could catch up to me. Before you could say "Bob Marley", the little piece of metal and plastic had crossed the finish line and I'd won.

       "Yes!" I exclaimed, pumping my fist in the air. The worker grumbled something about which prize I wanted, and I pointed to the dolphin. He pulled it off the rack and tossed it to me lazily.

       "Awesome job Michael!" Jeremy congratulated, giving me a high five. I could see the glint of jealousy in his eyes that I'd won the dolphin instead of him.

        "Here," I chuckled, handing him the plushie. An adorable grin overtook his expression and he let out a little squeak of delight as he snatched it from my hands, rubbing his cheek against the soft material.

       "Thank you!" I heard him squeal as he buried his head in my sweatshirt, enveloping me in a hug. I felt heat rising to my face and I knew there was a flush of red across my cheeks. I held him close, but not too tight that he would suspect anything. I heard the group of people we competed against muttering "that's so gay" under their breath. I flipped them off and smirked.

       When Jeremy finally pulled away, I was grinning so wide that it was impossible to hide. His eyes met mine and I could see the excitement still blazing proudly. The meager freckles scattered across his face made him look a thousand years younger, like a joyful toddler who had just learned to tie their shoes. It took all of my strength to refrain from kissing him right then and there, in front of anyone who could see.

       "Where should we go next?" Christine intervened, forcing me to tear my eyes away from the adorable sight before me. Jeremy looked around and pointed to another game across the walk.

       By the end of the hour, each of us held at least two stuffed animals in our grip, smiling and chatting away happily. We made our way toward the 4D theater, spotting the rest of the group waiting by the doors.

       "Looks like some were more successful than others," Jeremy whispered to me, chuckling softly. I surveyed the group and realized he was right. Rich held about 17 different jumbo plushies in his arms, while Jake grasped a small toy frog that barely fit in his palm. Jenna had about six new keychains on her phone, and Brooke was clutching a small toy dog in each hand. Khloe had a pair of cat ears on her head and a new case on her phone.