•~fifteen~•

Day Three

~Michael's POV~

"You sure this is the one?" Jeremy asked, glancing at the caved entrance to the ride.

Day Three had officially begun, even with the events of the night before. Someone ended up spilling a can of Crystal Pepsi on the fuse box near one of the rides, and it triggered a mass power outage. Nevertheless, no one was hurt and everyone got out safely.

       As it was a new day, we decided to start by riding the Exterminator. It was apparently a 5-star ride, or so Rich described it. The carts were shaped like little gremlins and would whip you around violently, a bit like the Music Express, except this time it was on an actual track. The basis of the ride was that the riders were a pest within a house, and they were escaping the "exterminators" by dashing through the walls and pipes. The entire ride was inside a huge warehouse, which was only a little frightening.

"100% positive this is it!" Rich quirked, bouncing on inside. I felt Jeremy's death-grip on my hand, and I gently squeezed back in assurance. From the description, this was going to be one wild experience.

       We entered the dimly lit "cave", following a trail of red lights along the wall. Jeremy's grip on my hand slowly became tighter until his knuckles were white and I couldn't feel my fingers anymore. We approached a doorway and spotted a cramped line of people, all squeezed into a swerving queue that lead up a ramp. The queue was surrounded by flashing control panels and random buttons, all of which seemed to activate nothing. To get Jer's mind off of the ride, I began pushing all of the buttons at once. He looked over and giggled, watching as I struggled to reach some of the highest ones. He reached over and pressed a blue, square-shaped button to the left of where we were standing, fully unprepared for the reaction it triggered.

       The red lights on the walls all began to flash, a wailing siren going off loudly. Jeremy leaped backwards into my arms, letting out a full-on shriek of terror. A few other people waiting in line glanced over at us, some smothering laughter and others equally scared. Jeremy threw his arms around my neck and squeaked as the siren wailed once again, only this time it was triggered by a toddler behind us. I ran my fingers through his hair, whispering calmly in his ear. He relaxed, the tension leaving his body. He pressed a gentle, tender kiss on my lips before returning to a standing position, brushing off his clothes as if nothing happened. I caught a glimpse of Christine staring happily at us and drawing a heart in the air with her fingers, and I answered the gesture by planting a protective peck of the lips on Jeremy's head. She giggled and whisper-squealed, moving forward in line.

"So, to break this unhealthy silence, why don't we talk about extremely obscure types of trees?" Jenna suggested casually, interrupting our silent conversation. Everyone stared at her oddly, wondering where in the world she came up with that topic. She shrugged, throwing his hands in the air.

"Well, you see, I think that would be quite difficult, as none of you know what a pinus elliottii is," Khloe chided, turning to Jenna. Our gazes flickered to Khloe, who shot us finger guns and winked.

       "Of course I do!" Jenna fired back. "But I'll bet you have no clue what a liquidambar styraciflua is!" (I promise this will make sense eventually don't worry)

       The two began to bicker loudly while the rest of the group stood awkwardly, overhearing random words that none of us even knew existed. I shook my gaze away from Ranger Rick and Smokey the Bear as we moved forward in line, inching closer to the boarding platform of the ride.

       I noticed the loaded carts driving their way into pitch blackness, with no lights whatsoever. I felt a knot forming in my stomach, my eyebrows knitting. Nobody knew about it, but I had a severe case of nyctophobia.