•~sixteen~•

~Michael's POV~

       "The Racers?" I asked wearily, and a few others nodded. Jenna snapped her head in my direction, causing me to wince and regret my asking.

       "What are the Racers? Pfft, come on you guys," she scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

       "Yeah, seriously, you don't know what the Racers are?" Khloe interjected loudly, putting her hands on her hips. I stifled a laugh from how ridiculous the two were being.

       "Quit being so difficult and tell us what they are already," Jake demanded bitterly, mimicking Jenna's motion and crossing his arms. The two girls broke into hysterical laughter, egging on our confusion.

       "I can't believe you guys sometimes!" Khloe cackled, leaving Jake's question unanswered.

"The Racers are a set of roller coasters that run at the same time, consistent. It's a random chance on which one will finish first, and it's supposed to be used for fun. However, Khloe and I have recently been using it to settle our arguments," Jenna explained, dismissing Khloe. She scowled, her eye twitching angrily.

"What if there's factual proof--" Jeremy piped up, but I squeezed his hand to make him stop. It would be torturous to dig a deeper hole into this absurdly crazy debate, and I wasn't going to let him worm his way into it.

"Save it. They'll only argue more if you egg them on," I whispered to him, rubbing the back of his hand. He nodded, understanding my message and quieting down.

"So, are we supposed to just wait while you guys go on some ride to settle this stupid thing?" Brooke joined the conversation, having listened to all of it. Khloe shot her a glare, inching her backwards slightly.

"No," she stated matter-of-factly. "You guys can come along if you want."

The pair of girls stomped into the small crowd, whisking off to the infamous Racers.

"You gonna go?" Jeremy asked me as we watched the two go.

"I dunno. What are you gonna do?" I turned the question on him, smirking slightly. He giggled, a flush of pink flying across his cheeks.

"D'you think maybe I could go on this one alone? I wanna try and get over my fear of roller coasters and stuff, without, um, someone there," he mumbled, looking down at our interlocked hands.

"Aww, sure thing. That's great," I smiled, hugging him tightly. He quickly connected our lips together, then pranced off after the girls. I noticed that most of the group had followed, all except for Christine and I.

       "Guess we're on our own, huh?" She chuckled, her gaze following the group shrinking in the distance.

       "It appears so," I laughed, doing the same. We stood in silence for a few moments, the conversation dying down.

       "So, how's Jeremy?" She asked, folding her hands together.

       "Oh, he's great," I sighed, my thoughts drifting to him. "You're missing out, y'know."

       "I'm sure I am," she laughed, and I felt myself become curiouser at her actions. Why was she so relaxed when she talked about the boy she broke up with? I decided to ask her upfront, to demand an answer if she ignored it.

       "Hey, Christine?" I murmured, turning to look at her. She smiled at me, responding with a sweet "hmm?"

"If you don't mind me asking, why did you break up with Jeremy?"

She paused, almost unsure of how to answer.

"W-Well, I wasn't really feeling a connection a-and--"

"Did you tell him?" I looked down at my shoes, adjusting my hoodie strings nervously. "Did you tell him about..about me?"

She froze, evidently caught. She knew what I was talking about, and she knew there was no point in lying.

"I-I don't--"

"Did you tell him or not?" I shut my eyes, wishing she'd just rip the band-aid off. She sighed, accepting her fate.

"I did. I'm sorry, I know you told me not to, but I had good intentions! I promise!" She tried, and I heard her voice falter.

"Is all of it fake?" I spoke up, and she went silent. "Is all of his "love" just a hoax?"

"Of course not! When I told him, he was truly ecstatic. He insisted that he would ask you out, and he enlisted in my help. I broke up with him because I thought that he deserved you more than me, and I knew it would make him happier to be with you. Please, forgive me?"

I didn't say anything. It was just too much to take in for the moment.

"So, the truth finally comes out, huh?" I chuckled weakly to myself, shoving my hands into my hoodie pocket. Christine sighed, reaching out and resting her gentle hand on my shoulder.

"If it's any consolation, he bought the flower on his own," she offered softly, giggling lightly. I looked up and smiled at her, laughing a little along with her.

"Heh, thanks Christine," I chuckled quietly after a while. She grinned and pulled me into a warm hug, saying nothing else. Nothing else needed to be said.

After a while, we broke apart and stood in silence, lost in our own minds.

"We should probably head over to the exit of the ride. They'll be finished soon," Christine mentioned, looking at me. Just as I turned to meet her gaze, someone shoved past me from behind. I jerked forward, and the next events seems to happen in slow motion.

Strangely, it seemed that the same thing had happened to Christine, and she came flying towards me. Our lips smashed together like something from a movie, and neither of us were able to stop it. I had more mass than Christine did, so she went flying backwards and was pinned against a wall behind her. A split second passed, then we both moved at the same time. I scrambled to get away, wiping my mouth off and blinking rapidly. Her eyes were wide, shaking her head quickly from side to side.

"I'm so sorry!" We exclaimed at the same time, proceeding to apologize like mad. After a solid five minutes of "I'm sorry"s, we paused and panted, still half in shock from what just happened. We were silent for a while, still getting over the event.

"Ugh, girls taste horrible," I muttered, breaking the obvious silence. Christine broke into laughter, and I immediately realized how offensive what I had just uttered was.

"You're quite the gay, Michael," she chuckled, the awkwardness washing away quickly.

"I mean, no offense, but boys taste much better."

       "I don't disagree; I think boys taste wonderful."

We laughed together for a few more moments, the ridiculousness of the situation overwhelming and hilarious.

       "Let's just pretend this never happened," I proposed after we stopped giggling.

       "Agreed," she confirmed, standing up straight. Together, we got up and trekked into the crowd towards the Racers, our minds drifting to what the outcome might have been within the argument.

       Neither of us saw the girl with the camera standing close by.

ACQUIESCE IS MY NEW FAVORITE WORD

BUT O N L Y WHEN ANDREW RANNELLS SAYS IT

I NEED HELP

Anyway sorry for the short length of this chapter. I couldn't focus because I was listening to Falsettos on shuffle (never a good idea FYI) and it goes from Thrill of First Love to What Would I Do? and I was S O B B I N G. Hope you enjoyed!

~1242 words~