♠️CHAPTER 3 ✖Meeting❌

Courage is an everyday thing. When we look reality squarely in the eye and refuse to back away from our awareness, we are living courage.

- Unknown

Diana

I awaken to soft sheets, and morning light trickling in through the blinds. Shedding myself of the remaining glimpses of a dream, my eyes are still shut as I soak in the warmth of the covers before letting my chocolate eyes see the sun's rays.

The aching in my skull ebbs and flows like a cold tide, yet the pain is always there. From the pounding in my head and the vomit taste in my mouth, I felt like I was dying.

My throat feels like sandpaper, and everything hurts when I move.

I groan in pain, snuggling my face into my green pillow. Wait, green pillow?!

"I don't have a green pillow!" I whisper, shocked. I quickly jump off the bed, checking my surroundings.

The bedroom is furnished and very well put together. On the crude pine, the bed is a hand embroidered orange cover. The walls were painted a beautiful shade of blue, while the hardwood floors have a nice maple color to them.

This definitely isn't my room.

"What the hell happened last night?" I ask, out loud.

Suddenly, I am greeted by the sweet aroma of bacon. My stomach grumbles, signaling my hunger.

"I gotta get the hell out of here," I say to, myself.

'Think Koby, think.'

My eyes land on a baseball bat that is on the other side of the room. I quickly run to it, taking it into my hands.

I brace myself, before opening the bedroom. Walking as fast as I can, I glance everywhere looking for the front door.

"Who the hell are you?" A feminine voice yells from behind me, causing me to jump.

I slowly turn around facing a young girl, who looks to be in her teen years. Her blonde hair is poker-straight and pulled back into a low pony-tail. She wears little make-up, but I'm pretty sure even without it she would still look beautiful.

"Who the hell are you?" This time it is me who asked.

"I asked first, and put the bat down."