Chapter 6: Realizing Her

Yugyeom's POV:
I still can't believe I'm sitting beside Chaeyoung. She's so tiny and cute. (Especially because I'm tall). I have known her since preschool but we barely talked and I always had a crush on her.

I saw Chaeyoung walk back to her seat and I smiled. She smiled back and I quickly looked away as I felt my cheeks burning.

The next lesson was math. It was my favourite subject as it was also my best.

"Today, you will be having a pop quiz to see how much you remember on the topic you learnt before the school holiday started!"

Everyone groaned.

When I received my paper, I looked through it, thinking, "It isn't that hard!"

I sighed in relief.

I quickly finished the paper and checked once before I handed it in to the teacher. She just nodded and took it from me.

I looked around the classroom and realized that besides me, only Rosé has completed the worksheet.

I am not suprised. Rosé is the smartest in the class....

I walked back to my seat and looked down.

Chaeyoung was doing her quiz while looking like she could pull her hair out.

I chuckled softly.

She looked up and mouthed,

"What's so funny?"

I just shook my head while holding back my laughter and signaling for her to continue.
Chaeyoung's POV:
*What's so funny*

Well, to be honest, I would rather be teased by my crush then not let my crush realize me.

Yes.

I like Yugyeom.

He's tall and talented.

I had known him since preschool but we barely talked and I know for sure that if I was not sitting beside him now, he probably would not have noticed me.

I sighed.

*focus, Chaeyoung, focus*

He's one of the reason why my brain isn't working. Well.... the other is because I didn't sleep well last night.

Yugyeom's POV:
One by one, students had started to hand in their worksheets but Chaeyoung was still stuck at the third questions. (There are 10 questions in total.)

I looked at the teacher.

She wasn't looking.

"Do you need help?" I asked.

"What?!" She blurted out.

All eyes were now on us and my face turned red.

The teacher asked what happened.

Chaeyoung's POV:
"Do you need help?" A voice asked.

It's Yugyeom.

My heart stopped for a second.

Before my brain could react, I blurted out,"What?!"

It was louder then I thought and now all eyes were on us.

Oops.

We are so going to get into trouble.

Yugyeom's POV:
I was short of words when the teacher asked.

"I um....um..." Chaeyoung stammered.

"Chaeyoung saw a bug on her paper so she was shocked!" Tzuyu explained.

*thanks for saving our lives sis*

Tzuyu winked and I gave her a thumbs up.

Chaeyoung's POV:
I raised my eyebrow at Tzuyu when she said that I was shocked to see a bug. I mean how dumb can that reason be. She just shrugged. Luckily, the teacher believed the lame excuse and did not scold us. I was so relieved that Tzuyu had just saved my life.

I saw her wink at Yugyeom.

Yugyeom gave her a thumbs up back.

I'm not jealous because Tzuyu's one of my best friends and I know she and Yugyeom are like siblings. But I just wished Yugyeom would pay more attention to me.

Oh.

I just remembered that Yugyeom asked me if I needed help.

Should I ask him?

I gathered up all my courage,

took a deep breath in,

and asked, very quietly,

"Could you help me with my math?"

"Sure!"
He replied without hesitation.

He quickly taught me the steps to get the answer without letting the teacher catch us.

Soon, I was done.

I smiled.

I could not believe that my crush just helped me.

I handed in my quiz and went back to my seat.

"Thanks for your help! I probably wouldn't have finished if you didn't help!" I thanked him.

He smiled and said, "No problem. I'm more than happy to help!"

I froze.

Did he just say he is happy to help me?

"Stop it Chaeyoung!! He's just being a gentleman!!" I told myself.

I mean....

Why wouldn't he be a gentleman?
------------------------------------
End of this chapter.
I am not even writing about the main part yet and I have so many people POV to write. Hopefully you can support!!!💞