Prologue

The night of 10th October (Kyuubi attack)

Namikaze Minato , the saviour of Konoha, the Yellow Flash, their precious Fourth Hokage said his last words to his wife , Uzumaki Kushina.

"Make sure our son is made hero, please." He said to the redhead woman holding his hand and crying. Kushina passed their new-born child to her dying husband, to give him a moment with his son before he died. He kissed the crying baby on the cheek.

"Tell them who he is, Kushina, before you leave too. I love both of you." He told her lastly. She cried once more as the barrier Minato had made broke down , the third raced towards Kushina. He caught up with the surroundings.

"Minato" He barely whispered.

Kushina then spoke up ,knowing her end was near too." He is our son, Naruto. Treat him well, Minato and I wish for him to be treated hero." With that the redhead woman breathed her last, hoping that her son will be happy.

"I promise, Minato, Kushina, I will take care of him." The Third said placing his hands on their hands.

Five Years Later

Once again a yellow blob of hair was seen running to the heart of the village, followed by a mob of people, villagers and ninja alike. The five year old ran as fast as he could, but that wasn't very fast. If only he could reach the Hokage Tower before they caught up. Why were they doing this?

They had never had done this before , they only glared and occasionally kicked him out of stores , giving the child trouble in buying his basic needs. The boy, lost in his thoughts, tripped on a stone letting the villagers catch up to him.

The boy eyes widened as he felt the stinging pain of someone's fist connect to his stomach, clutching it as he felt more blows. 'Why was his birthday like this , was he not supposed to be born '.He thought .As a small kid, it didn't take long for him to pass out from the after effect of the beating.

__________

The boy woke up in what he thought was a sewer , a warm feeling coming from one of the corridors. 'Where was he?' He walked through the corridor towards the strange feeling. A big jail like thing was there , a fox like figure stood right behind the bars, his tails, the boy counted nine , waved behind him.

"So my jailer finally got the decency to come here. "
' Who is this ' the boy thought , confused.
"I'm the kyuubi."
"Kyuubi?"
"Yes, Come here kid"
The boy walked towards the imprisoned fox and it's claws swung at him. The boy moved back just in time
"Damn you ,Fourth."
"What's a Kyuubi?" The boy asked obliviously.
"I am THE Kyuubi ,boy, a fox with nine tails"
"Huh?"
" I am a mass of chakra , the mix of spiritual and physical energy , but in the form of a beast , or at least that's what everyone says"
The boy gave a scared expression .
"Is that why everyone hates me?"
"Yes." Thy fox sighed
"Can I ask you something?" The boy asks after thinking.
"Quick, don't waste my time."
"What is you're name?"
"Huh?" The fox said dumbly , no one ever asked his name before. Maybe the kid wasn't that bad after all.
"Its Kurama ,kid"
"ALRIGHT THEN, KURAMA FROM NOW ON ,WE ARE FRIENDS!"
'Friends?' The fox was astounded no one ever asked him that before
" um, sure kid"
__________