Chapter 5: The Mission

Everyone was waiting when Naruto came inside the office.The ANBU members present bowed to him.He nodded and gave a small smile to them.
Once the ANBU left, the meeting commenced.

"So,Naruto, why did you request this meeting?" Danzo asked.

He frowned and passed the note to the Hokage.

After reading it, the Hokage looked at the three others present.After seeing the Hokage's expression, Danzo snatched the letter from him.

"Naruto, I'm sorry to say, but you won't be getting any solo missions and will not be go out of the village on high rank missions, at least.You will only get to do you're genin team missions.We can't risk you getting captured and the nine tails extracted." Danzo said , his smirk growing wider after ever word.

The elders discussed the situation for what seemed like hours,and Naruto being the hyperactive kid he is, he tried waking up a really grumpy Kurama for a chat.Well, it didn't go very well.

"LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE OR DIE!" Kurama screamed
'But Kurama.... I'm booorreeedddd, Ya know!"
"NOT A GOOD ENOUGH EXCUSE."

That's how Naruto ended up playing thumb war with himself.

Whenever Naruto saw the argument against him going anywhere protested.He was desperately waiting for the meeting to end.

"Naruto," The Hokage said "I'm sorry, but you will have to stay inside the village until the threat is disposed Of.You can proceed to do you're genin missions for now. Nothing which will attract their attention, okay? That's what we have decided, Im sorry Naruto."

Naruto managed to keep his cool, but why did Hokage have to apologize again and again, it made him feel even worse, not to mention that the malicious grin which Danzo sported was ticking him off.

"I apologize Ki-" Danzo began but Naruto wasn't gonna hear it.

"Shut up!" He used the tone he used when he was talking to the enemy.Right now, Danzo was the enemy, after all."Just shut up.I capable of protecting myself, thank you very much. I'm the commander for a reason , ya know. You must have much more pressing matters to attened to than a letter from our spy in the Akatsuki and a threat to the nine tails jinchuriki, you should go do them."

Everyone in the room seemed terrified.

"No" Danzo said
"What!"
"I said no.Its final. Our meetings adjourned."

Naruto was fuming as everyone left.These idiotic elder Dont even know what they're talking about.
________

The next few days Naruto did the stupidest missions. Not to mention, he had to behave like doing those missions weren't a piece of cake.

Naruto would have used some really bad curse words but he didn't know any,so he kept on saying 'DAMN IT!'. This time their mission was to catch that dumb cat.

After getting clawed by that stupid thing , Naruto wanted to go Nine tails on it but Sasuke and Sakura were there.

He didn't need to protect Sasuke,he was fine on his own.He didn't need to this oh so long dumb mission, but when Danzo banned him from other missions, pretending to be a genin wasn't half bad.

At least that's what Naruto thought.

The missions were tedious and boring, especially for someone as hyperactive as him. He needed action!

So once they completed capturing the cat and giving it back to its owner, Naruto had enough.

"No! No , no , no, no NO!!" Naruto said."I refuse to do anymore boring missions! Give us something fun,old man"

Sakura boinked him on the head hard, even he , in a high rank position had to stop himself from screaming
OUCHHHH.How did she even reach up to his head? The poker faced ANBU pre took out their sword.
Even the Hokage flinched.

"You can't call Hokage-sama like that, you idiot." Sakura screamed.

The Hokage chuckled.Naruto huffed and turned his head to the side.

Sasuke who watched the whole thing expression was mentally sitting on a sofa with a box of popcorn.(Well if popcorn existed in Konoha.)He felt bad that Naruto was getting punished by that annoying bi-female dog.Naruto's reactions were cute, that's why Sasuke hadn't killed her yet.

Speaking of Naruto, he had gone from adorable and cute transformed into handsome and cute. Wait, can someone be cute and handsome at the same time? In short, Sasuke had always liked Naruto and couldn't harbour any hateful feelings towards the other boy.

Sakura wanted to keep on ranting about respect but a hand covered her mouth. Was it her Sasuke?

The Hokage rambled about types of mission and thing like that but Naruto knew this stuff, so he tuned it all out thought of one thing .. Ramen.

Soon the Hokage gave up, he knew that if he gave any more silly missions to Naruto, the boy might go kill himself.

"Fine, I'm giving team 7 their first C rank mission." He said.

"Wait! Are you sure?" Iruka looked genuinely concerned.

"Its fine,Iruka, Kakashi's with them. Now, bring in the customer!"
________

Hello peeps , sorry for the small , sucky chapter. Anyway its school time for me. Gotta go😟 . buh-bye!

Oh sorry, this didn't get published before I went to school

Yes.