Chapter 9 : Sakura's Quest

Naruto's quiet today....

Sakura went through various emotions on her trip.

Her crush liked someone else , it was heartbreaking.
She loved Sasuke. She just wanted him to recognize him. If she received his acknowledgement she would be content, however the only time he would even glance at her would be with a face of disgust.

She had hated it , she had hated it so much. With all the competition for Sasuke around her, she was going to become yandere-chan.

Naruto on the other hand was plain annoying. It did not help the fact that she found out that her love had a crush on him. She wanted to kill him.

Each time he said something stupid she got really angry. She felt like slitting his throat and dragging his body to a dump.

Each time that though came in her mind, she warned herself not to loose sanity.

But now while walking back home, everything was different. She was okay with Sasuke crushing on their teammate. She was happy for them. She just felt bad that Naruto's expressions never actually showed that he returned Sasuke's feelings. Then again , Naruto was denser than a rock and probably didn't realise that Sasuke liked him.

She felt jealous.

But that trip changed it.

The way Sasuke behaved and treated the other boy was a beautiful thing to watch.
That battle with Haku, the masked kid had shown their unity.

She realized that she felt happy, she felt happy for him.

Naruto's display of power concerned her too.She had thought of this boy as the dead last was stronger than her.

-Flashback (will continue till present moment)-

As Sakura helped Sasuke up , she saw hundreds of Naruto clones standing, facing a bunch of thugs. Kakashi along with Zabuza and Haku were there too, ready to fight at any moment.

Suddenly all the clones vanished and only half dead thugs were seen on the floor moments later.

Shocked , Sakura rose up. It was perfectly planned. Something she doubted could be done by a jounin itself.

The real Naruto ran towards Gatō but Zabuza stopped him.

"This is my job. I want him to feel the pain of this village."

Naruto whispered something in the other man's ear.

He gave him a glare and ran towards Gatō.

A small battle followed. But Zabuza was fueled. He had won quickly.

Sakura had also seen the interdependence of Zabuza and Haku. Haku had come to save Zabuza many times during his and Kakashi's battle. When haku got injured badly during an attack Zabuza's panic was something that only people who cared would show.

She wished for someone like that.

____

The next day, after Sasuke and Haku healed a bit, they were going to leave. After the battle, the tiny building work left was completed by the villagers, who had come to help, but arrived a bit late.

"What's the name of this bridge?" Naruto asked

"That's simple, The Great Naruto Bridge." Tazuna said.

Naruto's face lightened up and he jumped up and down in happiness. Even Sakura admitted that it was something adorable to do.

She did not pay attention to the conversation which happened next,until Zabuza and Haku took their leave. They were going to continue to roam together, and promised to drop for a hi or if the village ever needed help.

Sakura walked back with the rest of her team , pondering over the last few days.She realized had been nothing but a burden.
What could she do?

She was going to catch up to Sasuke and Naruto no matter what.

No matter what it took.
No matter how long it took.

She would catch up.

She turned her head to face the blonde

Naruto's quiet today.....

______

Oblivious to Sakura and Sasuke. Naruto had been taken back to the leaf village as his life had been threatened by the presence of Itachi and Kisame, two Akatsuki members who had to extract his tailed beast for reasons unknown.

__________

Hi peeps, small chappy,ya know I'm sorry. Do you guys like it?

And the amount of reads on this book is amazing! Thank you soooo much. I love y'all.

OK ,news flash.

My exams are coming up. (I've been studying for them , hence the short slow updates) I might not be able to post a new chapter till 29th September.

I'll make a huge chapter next guys.