Chapter 2 : A Bit of Enlightenment

Naruto woke up to Kurama screaming in his head saying
'Wake up ! Today's the test , finally we won't have to sit in the dumb classroom and listen to dumb lessons.'

"Five minutes please"
'NO!'
"You're annoying Kurama."
Naruto got off the floor he fell asleep on and went to the bathroom to get dressed.
________

At school they started the test , Naruto was going to be one of the last people to give it, so he slept.

He was woken up to someone calling his name, probably Iruka.

He went to give the test and obviously his worst jutsu would be kept to check his worth.He could have made shadow clones but Iruka and the other teacher, Mizuki would question him. He could also see some gleam in the white haired mans eyes.

He decided to check what Mizuki was up to.

Naruto gathered his chakra and mad a sound people make while playing tennis , something like "arghhhhhhh"
A crippled pale version of Naruto appeared.
"YOU FAIL!" Iruka shouted
Mizuki tried to reason with Iruka but his facial expression showed a whole different story. He was smirking and his eyes were lit up. Definitely something worth checking on.

So the blonde accepted his fake fail and just walked out, sat on the swing near the tree pretending to be depressed as all the others were gleefully showing of they're newly earned forehead protectors. Well temporarily newly earned forehead protectors.

When the parents came along and started congratulating and praising their children.
Naruto wasn't feeling sad before, but was now, the scene reminded him of the childhood he was never granted and how his childhood is something nobody should face, yet he let Sasuke feel the same solitude.

He wondered how it would feel if his parents were here , what would they look like , would they behave the same way to him as the other parents did their children?
Would they be sad of his failure, even if it was fake now? They surely wouldn't have let him become an ANBU.

'Kid, snap out of it.'
Kurama's voice brought him out of his thoughts ' Kurama , does anyone know my parents?' Naruto asked.
'I don't know , you should ask Kakashi or Tenzo , they might.'

'Thanks Kurama!'

"Naruto," someone called out, it was the other teacher Mizuki. "I know you're feeling sad but Iruka is only looking out for you. He wants you to be strong in a good way."

Naruto looked up at the man, he was planning something alright.

Naruto played along " I don't believe you"

"Really, Iruka's parents had also died in the war , he probably sees himself in you."

"But I really wanted to graduate, ya know."