06

06

- B L A I R E ' S  M O M -

11.06.16 // 10:39 p.m.

"I'M GOING TO ask you one more time Ms. Lucia, where is Blaire?" I ask, folding my arms over my chest. Ms. Lucia continues to dust the bookshelf, as if she didn't see me standing in front of her. I grab her arm and she turns to me with wide eyes.

"Where is Blaire?" I whisper harshly. She bites her lip and her eyes begin to water. "For goodness sake, you're a grown woman. If you don't tell me where Blaire went in the next ten seconds, you are fired." She goes pale in the face and drops the duster she was holding.

"Oh, please, Ms. Hawthorn. Don't fire me, I have worked here for years, please-" I cut her off.

"Save it. Tell me where Blaire is. Five seconds," I tell her.

"She told me she was going out with a friend. I said she couldn't go, but then I felt bad about saying no, so I let her go," she breathes. I roll my eyes as I feel anger start to swell up in my chest.

      "I told you to keep her on lock down until I got back! What is wrong with you?" I spit and Ms. Lucia breaks downs. "Oh my god."

I leave her there wailing as I make my way up to Blaire's room to check her computer. My daughter's room is organized, as it should be, not a single thing out of place. But, as I look more closely, a piece of folded up paper sticks out from under her mattress.

I grab it with delicate fingers and open it up carefully. My eyes skim and scan over the paper quickly. I gasp out loud and cover my mouth with my hand. Why would Blaire hide this from me? And who wrote it? I drop the paper on the ground and rush out of her room.

____________

Don't forget to vote and comment !

-jayymckenziee