34

34

- A N O N Y M O U S -

11.11.16 // 5:12 p.m.

I WATCH CLOSELY as Sutter talks, the way his eyes light up whenever he mentions Blaire and the way his soft lips form each of the syllables in his words.

He is a persistent guy, I give him that, but finding Blaire? It's nearly impossible. T is too smart to let some eighteen year old boy 'save the day.'

Only six people showed up to Sutter's little search party, even Joshua who, once again, did not receive an email from Sutter, but I was nice enough to tell him. He often shoots me glances under his long lashes as Sutter continues to talk about all the places he thinks Blaire could be.

Victoria is standing awkwardly near Sutter, her blonde hair blowing softly from the light zephyr in the air. She locks eyes with me for a quick second before looking away immediately, as if I am some kind poison.

Maybe to her, I am. Maybe I am her poison.

After all, I am the only one who knows Victoria's little secret. She has tucked it away under layers and layers of everything that has happened in her life, but now, since Blaire is missing, her past is coming back to haunt her. And me? I'm just one of her many ghosts that will always be there in her shadows.

Months ago, I was so scared of Blaire and her little posse. But now, since she is gone and Sutter is cracking open piece by piece and Victoria is becoming nothing but dust in the wind, I feel like I am on top of the world, like I can do anything.

That's the way T makes me feel, he makes me feel like I can do the impossible. I tuck my hair behind my ear as Sutter finalizes his last sentence and we all follow him in the direction of his choosing.

The sun glistens on Sutter's bracelet that is bound tightly around his wrist. I squint my eyes and make out the small B that is carved into it in cursive. My arm tingles as I feel the same leather itch my wrist.

Except this bracelet has an S on it. I took it off of Blaire's wrist when she was unconscious a few days ago and now it felt heavy on my arm as I shake my sleeve down to cover it up.

My sweet Blaire, if only you knew how much I wish to be like you.

If only you knew how much I despise you.

If only you knew how much I love you.

If only you knew how much I want you to suffer.

_____________

Please vote and comment. Thanks for reading! Much love

-jayymckenziee