62

62

- B L A I R E -

11.21.16 // 8:47 p.m.

THE POLICE STAND there and watch as Sutter and I stare at each other. He is leaning on one leg, the blood from the bullet wound seeping through his denim pants. He hobbles over to me until he is standing right in front of me, his eyes sparkling. His hair has grown and now flops over his forehead and into his eyes, but to me, he looks like an angel glowing in gold.

Oh, my sweet, lost boy.

I pull Sutter in by his slender waist and cry into his chest. He wraps his arms around my shoulders, pulling me close, burying his head in my hair. He pulls back all too soon and grabs my face with both hands, his fingers cold against my burning skin. I shiver and Sutter leans in to kiss me on the forehead.

     "He's gone, Blaire. I'm back, I'm here. I love you, it's okay," he whispers as I lean up to kiss him. I taste his salty tears that have slipped from his eyes and landed on his lips.

No, baby, don't cry.

      "I love you. I'm so sorry," I murmur, feeling another lump form in my throat.

     "Don't be sorry, it's over now. Everything will be okay, baby, I promise." He clasps my hand as the police wrap a thick, blue blanket over my shoulders. One of the women - who's golden, flashy name tag read Lucinda - places a warm hand on my back and ushers me out of the room.

Sutter does not let go of my hand as we follow the police up the stairs and through a hole in the wall, the door that was once there now laying on the floor.

The first thing I feel when I am outside is the rain. It hits my skin like a thousand needles and I can't help but cry. I let go of Sutter's hand and drop to my knees. I grab the soft, wet soil and watch as it seeps through my fingertips. That rain makes my hair stick to my forehead and washes away all the dirt and blood on my body.

Ambulance and police lights flash in front of me, creating a mass of colors that swirl all around. But, right now, I didn't seem to notice them as I continue to cry and feel the rain above me and the soil beneath me.

Sutter sits down next to me and pulls me into his chest. I hold onto his arm as he kisses the side of my head, comforting me in ways words never could. I ignore all the commotion going on around me and focus on this moment with Sutter. The rain pounds down around us, creating a soft, grey armor that protects us from the rest of the world.

And I think it is the most beautiful thing.

_________________

woah, one more chapter:) who's ready? lol. thank you for reading! please vote and comment!
- jayymckenziee