Chapter 4 - Effects

Naomi's POV

Naomi's POV

It was the next day morning, I had gotten up early to get ready for a decent first impression.

My mom would be so proud of me if she knew.

Never have I in my life woken up 2 hours earlier just to get ready for school. I brushed through my hair trying to get it smooth. Deciding not to put any heavy makeup so I just tinted my lips and took a look at the final appearance.

Naomi Rhee, you are going to be turning so many heads today.

I grinned, finally satisfied and rolled the sleeves of the uniform. I should say, my mom did quite a work on the uniform. If not for her alterations, the uniform would have never fit me perfectly.

I slipped my bag on waiting for suzy.

"Suzy, you ready?" I asked.

She rushed out of kitchen with two boxes. I looked at her confused. She handed me one of the boxes.

"This is lunch," she said and smiled at me, "just in case the lunch here sucks."

I smiled at her playfully and said, "come on let's go."

We both had our own timetable. But luckily for us, we have most of the classes together. Oh and did I tell you? We also have the normal subjects like maths, English and etc.

Because, it turns out demons can't miss their higher secondary either.

Darn it, I was actually hoping I would never have to see the word maths again. As for science it turned out you can choose between 3. Physics, chemistry and biology.

I chose biology.

Unfortunately, Suzy didn't fancy biology as much as I did so she chose chemistry.

After a few minutes of walking, we reached the breakfast hall to have breakfast. We joined the enormous line to wait for the food. While we were waiting, I suddenly felt a presence behind me.

And whoever it was they were too close.

I decided not to turn back to see and shifted towards Suzy.

"Hey sweetheart, are you new here?" I heard the venomous voice coming from behind.

I turned back to see who it was and uncomfortably tried to ignore him. The guy had dirty blond hair and let's just say, his face was dripping of wickedness.