Chapter 12 - Lost child

I decided to break the silence with a courageous heart

I decided to break the silence with a courageous heart. Yes, I'm proud of myself.

"Jimin, what colour do you like?" I asked

"Red."

"Tell me about your family," I said, hoping he wouldn't find out that my sneaky ass is trying to slide in a heavy topic.

"Wait," he closed his eyes and chuckled, "how did this escalate so quickly? From what colour do you like to tell me about your family?"

I playfully looked at him. "That's how Naomi starts a conversation."

He turned to look at me suddenly as our eyes met. I felt my heart skip a beat. He turned his glance away again and started, "I don't have any siblings, I've barely spoken to my dad...I spent most of my time with my mother."

I imagined Jimin as a child, with a grumpy frown always tugging at his mothers skirt. He would have been cute with his big silver eyes.

"You loved your mom a lot didn't you?" I asked not taking my glance off him. He had his face away from me as he looked straight ahead.

He nodded with a slight smile. Without me knowing my lips twisted into a smile as well.

"What did you like about her?" I asked.

"I liked her chocolate muffins, I liked her smile, she was beautiful in every way."

My heart went weak. I couldn't believe it was Jimin saying all this. The fact that he was opening his heart to me surprised me even more. Then suddenly I realized something.

"She was beautiful?" I asked.

"Yeah..... she passed away a few years back. In an accident."

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know," I said widening my eyes.

"It's alright, she would be happier there anyways. This world is too cruel for her," he said ending with a emotionless chuckle. I saw the pain in his expression and it was breaking my heart.

"Did you not talk to anyone about her after she passed away?" I asked.

"No."

"Why?" I asked frowning.

"I didn't attend her funeral," he replied.

I saw him desperately trying to hold back his tears.

I took a breath in, "come here."