Prologue

It was summer time, yet the room was so cold. I looked around the cottage, the place where I grew up, and a wave of sadness rushed over me. A silent tear fell upon my cheek only to be wiped away with cold, tremblinging hands. I walked over to the middle of the room and sat on the blood soaked sheets of the bed. I looked at the figure lying under the blankets only to start crying harder. I grasped the lifeless hand of the person, kissed it, and whispered, "I'm so sorry mama."

A man then appeared at the door who stunk of liquor and the sewer. He walked over to the bed and pulled me up by firmly grasping my hair. I yelled out in pain which only made him yank harder. He then threw me to the floor and pointed at my dead mother and yelled, "This is all of your fault! You! You're the reason she is dead!"

The man picked up my mother and then carried her out of the cottage leaving me on the cold floor.

"Papa, no! Let me say goodbye!"

He turned around and yelled, "You deserve no such thing, you're nothing but trash. I wish you were the one that died, not her. You're worthless and you mean nothing to me."

He then spit on me and continued walking. I clasped my hand over my mouth and started sobbing, watching my drunken father whisp my mother away. That was the last time I knew I was ever going to see her and I never even got to say goodbye nor hear her beautiful laugh one last time.