Chapter 7: New People

Luna's POV

I looked in the basket that I held in my hands, "Wow! There's so many fruits!"

Peter chuckled, "You see what this forest holds?"

"Yeah, now I know why you didn't just poof some up."

He laughed, "Are you ready to go back yet?"

"No, I'm not done looking around."

"That's fine, I'm going to head back because I have some stuff I need to do, and I'll come back for you in a bit, is that alright?"

"Yeah, sure."

He nodded and then flew off. I walked further down the dirt path when I started to hear a voice.

"Peter, is that you?"

No answer. But then the voice turned into two voices and I could hear them walking towards me.

I looked around and saw a tree with a lot of branches and decided to climb it. I got up to the top when the people that I heard came into view of where I used to be standing. They were some men ... with swords?

"If I catch one of those Lost Boys stealing from me again, I'll drive my hook in him!" Said one of them that hard short brown hair and well, a hook for a hand.

The other one kept nodding and said, "of course, captain."

I leaned closer on the branch to see if I could get a better look at them. Obviously, my judgement wasn't that great because I slipped off the branch and fell down the ten feet, landing right in front of the two men.

Okay, ow, that hurt. I opened my eyes and saw the two guys staring at me with questioning looks on their faces.

I cleared my throat, "uh, hi."

The one with the hook smiled and said, "Smee."

In response, the man with the red beanie and blue/white striped shirt picked me up from the ground.

"Well this is one way to treat a lady," I said.

"The ones who eavesdrop." Said the man with the hook.

"What? I-I wasn't eavesdropping."

He chuckled, "Sure, love."

"God, what is with everyone calling me love?!"

"Maybe because you're a pretty girl, love." With his hand that didn't have the hook, he wiped a piece of hair out of my face and traced his hand down my face to the under of my chin, lifting my face up. "So what's your name?"

I spit in his face, then Smee pulled my head back by grasping my hair, "She's a fierce one, captain."

"I've dealt with worse. So let's try this again, what is your name?"

I groaned and smashed my head backwards so that I hit Smee in the face making him let go of me. As soon as I dropped to the ground, I stood up and ran away from them as soon as I could.

"After her!" I heard one of them yell.

I kept running, trying to get away as fast I could, I looked back to see that they were running after me. When I wasn't looking, I ran into this one plant that had a lot of thorns and black ooze coming from it. It cut me up all on my arms and everything.

I fell to the ground as I felt excruciating pain travel throughout my body. I looked down and saw that I was bleeding on my arms, legs, and stomach. Why does it hurt so bad? I tried to stand up so I could keep running but my legs gave out as soon as I was up, so I fell down again.

I felt the tears stream down my face because it felt like people just kept driving knives into my skin and slicing. What the hell was that plant?

I felt strong arms pick me up, "We have to get her to my ship. Now." As they started to walk, I passed out.