Chapter 9: The Cave

LUNA'S POV

I swam up to one of the rocks on the spring that was next to the forest. I laid my head on my arms and let my skin soak up the sun's rays. I heard intense whispering in the distance and looked up, peering through the trees, oh, it's just Smee and Hook. I could see them looking over in the direction of the spring, yet they couldn't see me.

I heard Hook say, "We need her. We can finally execute our plan that we've been waiting on for so long. She's the mermaid. God, I hope Pan hasn't met her yet."

What do they mean I'm the mermaid?? Were they hoping to bait me for Peter, was this all a set up?? I ran my hand along my arms remembering where the cuts laid not too long ago, were they helping me or just using me?

As I was thinking this, dark clouds began to roll into the sky and I could no longer feel the sun's warmth. Winds came from out of nowhere and made me begin to shiver. The sky appeared as though it was starting to turn into a dark purple... are those storm clouds? I didn't plan on waiting around to find out, especially not if Hook and Smee were just using me to get back at Peter Pan or for some other kind of reason.

Peter Pan. I had almost forgotten about him.

I touched my lips, and whispered to myself, "I need to find him and let him know I'm okay."

I dove back into the depths of the water and tried to swim as quickly away as possible from the two pirates.

***

Lighting flashed under the odd-looking sky, and I could hear the roar of thunder underneath the waters.

I think I swam far enough away. I swam up to the surface and saw a cave a few feet away that could help me escape this thunder/lightning storm.

"God I hope this place isn't haunted. Well, with my luck lately, it just might be. Fish girl meets ghosts on the day she almost dies. Now wouldn't that be some story. Oh great, now I'm talking to myself." I quietly laughed to myself as I saw a rock that was under the water's surface that I could sit on, yet luckily not have to get out of the water and have my fin turn back into legs.

I sat up on the rock and wrapped my arms around my fin, "guess I should call this cave home until the storm passes. Lucky me."

I looked up at the ceiling of the cave, but it didn't appear to have a ceiling at all. In fact, it seemed as though it was going on forever in an upward direction. Huh, how weird. Well, it is Neverland after all.

I looked over my shoulder and I saw something glittery that appeared to be flying towards me. I squinted my eyes to get a better look and then all of a sudden, the little glittery thing turned into a human, no wait, a FAIRY!!

I jumped and fell back into the water, I peeked my head out of the water to get a better look, but instead found myself looking into a pair of blue eyes.

"You-You're a green fairy."

She looked down at her dress, "I mean, yeah, I suppose I'm green, but that's not my name."

"I thought green fairies only appeared on alcoholic beverages!"

She laughed, loudly, and held out a hand to help me back up onto the rock. I took it and sat back onto the rock, my tail splashing the water a bit.

She let go of my hand very quickly and gasped, "Are you real?"

"Of course, I'm real! Are you? I've never believed in..." She flew over to me so quickly and covered my mouth with her hand.