Chapter 8: Death Knocking On My Door

Luna's POV

"Smee, we have to do something, or this will end very badly."

"I'm working on it captain... But that spring is hard to find."

"That means you're not looking hard enough!" He threw something across the room.

Smee walked across the room to pick it up, knocking over a couple of books next to the bed I was laying on. The sudden noise woke me up.

Opening my eyes, I looked around. Where the hell am I? The two men I saw earlier were across the room, pacing back and forth, and quietly whispering to one another.

I looked down to see that all of my veins appeared black. It burned like hell, I screamed, "what did you guys do to me?!"

The taller male with facial hair turned around and said, "she's awake."

I screamed again due to the agony.

The man that was yelling at the guy named Smee walked over to me and placed his hand over my forehead.

"Don't touch me!!" I squirmed under his hand and ended up falling on the floor. Lying on the hard surface, I tried to move, but my body wouldn't budge an inch. I looked down and saw that black streaks were running up and down my arms and legs; were those my veins?

Just as I let out another scream, a husky man burst through the door and said, "Captain, we found it."

The Captain reached down and picked up my limp body and started to carry me towards the door, "Well, lead the way."

"Put me down! What the hell did you guys do to me?!" Another scream.

The Captain ignored me and continued to walk. Smee stumbled behind.

"Let go of me! I don't even know who you are!!"

Smee walked up and insisted, "Girl, you best be quiet. We're risking our lives to save you."

The captain looked over at him, "Smee, shut it." Then he blew some dust into my face and once again, I was unconscious.

**

I woke up to the sound of a waterfall. Oh god, did they take me to drown me or something because I definitely can't move at all. What is going on?

The captain placed me on the ground and ordered the men to leave. I opened my eyes to see brown ones staring into mine. He leaned down and whispered in my ear, "I must do this so the water can reach every cut that is on your body."

"Must do what?"

He took his hook and ripped through the corset, breaking it in half.

"Okay. Soo not okay. You can't just take my clothes off without my permission!"

"Look, it's the only way to save you! I'll just close my eyes, remove it all, and then put you in the water. Then I'll come back in an hour to check up on you, ok?"

I mumbled an "Okay" as I felt the winds of Neverland touch my bare skin.

SPLASH.

I felt the rush of stinging cold water touch the surface of my skin. I screamed out as I started to feel these cuts covering my body slowly begin to close, yet only bubbles could escape my lips. I looked down at my arms and legs to see the black ooze turning red and disappear as sparkles around my legs glittered and fleeted as my legs turned into my fin.

I closed my eyes as I felt the water enter my cuts and enjoyed the comfort of having the water around me. I guess all I can do is wait. I began to wonder who the scruffy man with the hook was that kept yelling at the guy named Smee. Oh god, I wonder if he actually looked at me naked, I was so out of it. I bit my lip. I wonder why he even helped me out in the first place, I've never even met him before.

I traced my skin where all the cuts were, gasp, they're gone!

I began to swim towards the surface of the water where the light beams danced at the surface, a smile crossed my lips as I knew I was not going to die today.

I came out of the water and flipped my brown, long locks out of my face and ran my hands through my hair to slick it back. I heard a rustle and looked over. There he was, the scruffy, one handed man was staring at me, not breaking his gaze. I heard him mumble.

"I'm sorry, what was that?"

"Boobs."

"Excuse me?"

He laughed awkwardly and cut his stare to the ground as quickly as possible. "Uhm, uh... your boobs... they're uh.. yeah."

I gasped, grabbed my chest, and dove back under the water so only my shoulders and head peeked through the water. My cheeks bloomed a bright pink as I averted my gaze from him.

"So, who are you?"

He looked back at me and said, "The name's Hook, love."

"Yeah just because you saw my boobs doesn't mean you can call me love."

He chuckled and then smirked, "and what's your name beautiful?"

I looked away and cleared my throat, "err Luna. It's Luna."

He winked and then stared very intensely at the water.

"What is it?"

"Well it looks like you almost have a... fin."

"Oh, well that's - uh- because I do."

"I have to go." He swiftly turned around and walked briskly away. He grabbed Smee near one of the trees and pulled him deeper into the woods. "We need to talk," he whispered to Smee.

Huh, weird. I dove back into the water to enjoy swimming around as it's been a while.

***

Hook looked intensely at Smee.

"What is it, captain? Why do you look so intense?"

"It's her."

Smee looked confused, "What do you mean her?"

Hook turned his glance towards the waters of the spring. "The one we've been looking for, or at least waiting for."

Smee looked towards the waters too and began to smile, "Ooooh, that's what you mean. Do you really think it's her?"

"Smee did you not see the sparkles?!"

"No, but I saw them nice..." he made a gesture toward the chest area of his body as Hook shoved him.

"Shut up, Smee. Now pay attention. We need her. We can finally execute our plan that we've been waiting on for so long. She's the mermaid. God, I hope Pan hasn't met her yet."

"He may have, captain, not much gets past him."

Hooked sighed and looked intensely into the woods.