Chapter 10: I Don't Care

Peter's POV

Felix and I have been walking throughout this forest for hours shouting Luna's name over and over and over again. We've been looking behind trees and even up them.

Frustrated, I yelled, "This isn't funny anymore, Luna!! Where the hell are you?!"

I felt a hand placed on my shoulder, "Peter, we've been looking for hours. I don't think we're going to find her. Plus, look!" He pointed up at the sky, "it's starting to turn into a dark purple and storm clouds are coming."

I shrugged off his hand, "I don't care. I have to find her."

"Oh yeah, why's that? I thought you didn't care about her. Why is it so important for you to find her?"

I snapped back, "I don't care."

"Great, then let's just go back to camp, and tomorrow, once the storm has passed, the boys and I will find some girl from the Enchanted Forest to take her place."

Lightning struck a tree nearby causing one of the branches to fall right next to Felix.

He looked at me, "Come on, let's just go back to camp. I told you, we can find you a new girl."

Felix looked back at the branch on the ground as we heard thunder rumble through the air.

"Come on, Pe-" I tackled him to the ground and threw a punch in his face. Boom. Another crack of thunder and another punch. Felix managed to block my next punch and rolled on top of me and pinned my arms down. I could've easily used my magic to make him get off but I didn't. I gave up and let him hold me down as I stared at the lightning in the sky.

His fist flew and hit the ground next to my head, "You know I can't hurt you, Peter. But why the fuck would you tackle me and start beating me up over some stupid girl?? I told you we'd find you another one!" I didn't answer. He slapped me across the face, I didn't flinch.

"Are you serious? You don't want a new girl?"

"I don't care."

"You keep fucking saying that but then you won't go back to the camp with me!"

I shrugged.

"Ooooooh I see what's going on. You have a soft spot for her."

"What?! No I don't! I could care less for her."

"Oh, so you don't care for her at all?"

I looked him straight in the eye, "No, I don't. I don't care for her, I've been saying that over and over again."

"Oh okay, I understand. So you wouldn't care if we found her tonight and I took her aside to run my hand through those long locks, pull her close, and whisper in her ear that I want her? And then I'd lean down to kiss her and begin pulling off her shirt and then I'd run my hands on-"

Hearing these words made my stomach churn and I screamed, I couldn't help it. I knocked Felix off of me and then pinned him down, throwing punch after punch after punch. I could see the blood welling up inside his mouth as he smiled through each punch.

With the last punch I yelled, "YOU ARE TO NEVER THINK OF HER IN THAT SENSE AGAIN." I stood up abruptly and began pacing as I watched Felix sit up under the crackling sky, spit out some blood onto the floor, and slowly bring himself to his feet.

Once standing, Felix started laughing uncontrollably.

"Why the hell are you laughing??"

He spit out some more blood onto the ground, "Because Peter, you just confirmed that you do care about her. She's your weakness."

I scoffed and ran towards him, shoving him into the direction of the trees. "Get out of here, go back to the camp. I don't need you. I'll find her myself."

Lightning flashed through the air as Felix and I walked off in different directions.