{Mary Jane}

Imagine #3
Era: March 1969

| ♡ |

One evening you were home alone at Kinfauns watching telly. George had gone off to the studio a few hours ago and wouldn't be back until late. You didn't mind having the house to yourself as you were pretty much used to being alone with George being gone most of the time.

You rubbed your swollen stomach that you had hidden underneath a old baggy wool sweater that once belonged to your mother. You were 3 days overdue. The baby showed no signs of wanting to come out anytime soon which you were more than okay with. You had heard through friends that have kids that labor was painful and could last hours, days even! So you were not looking forward to that at all.

You were brought out of your thoughts when you heard pounding on the front door. You frowned and sat up. It took you a few minutes but you managed to get up off the couch. You supported your large belly with one arm while you waddled over to the door and answer it. You were quite shocked to see quite a few police officers at your door step.

"Hello. Is there anything wrong officers?" You asked with a frown.

"We have reason to suspect you and your husband are in possession of illegal drugs. Please step aside so we can search the premise." The main officer said.

"Drugs?" Your eyes widened. "No sorry, i don't believe we do. You must be mistaken..we have a baby on the way." You rubbed your swollen belly to prove your point.

"Miss, please step out of the way. We need to search the house." The main officer repeated, this time a little harsher.

"Okay.. you're not going to find anything though." You stepped to the side and let the police officers in. They immediately began snooping around. You watched as they did so. The baby suddenly gave you a hard jab in the ribs which caused you to wince.

"Miss, are you alright?" The female officer asked.

"Yes."

Suddenly the main officer came out from the bedroom, holding up a small sandwich bag that held a green substance in it which you immediately recognized as pot.

"Mrs Harrison, you and you're under arrest for the possession of Marijuana."

"What? That's ridiculous! That's not ours! We don't keep any kind of drug in this house!" You protested which was the truth. Yes, George smoked pot on a daily basis but he didn't smoke it here, let alone keep a stash here.

"We found it in one of your husband's shoes."

"That's impossible...that's not ours!"

"Mrs Harrison, where is your husband?"

"He's at the studio. I'm going to call him now." You glared at the officer as you picked up the phone and dialed the number to the studio. You took a couple deep breaths as you waited for someone to pick up. The baby gave you another sharp kick. It obviously knew you were in distress.

You put a hand on your belly. "Easy there.."

Finally someone, the receptionist, answered the phone.

"Hi, this is Y/N. George's wife. I need to speak to George. It's urgent, please."

"Alright, hold on." The woman said. You waited few seconds until you heard George's voice.

"Love, are you okay? What's going on? Is it the baby-"

"George please come home. It's extremely urgent." You cut him off and glanced over at the not so friendly officer who was examining the bag of pot.