{So Sad}

Era: Late 1968

One afternoon you returned home to Kinfauns after spending the morning with Cynthia and Maureen. Just as you entered the living room, you heard strange noises coming from the bedroom you shared with your husband. Frowning, you sat your bags down on the coffee table and began to walk back to the bedroom down the hall. As you got closer, the noises got louder. And you quickly identified your husband's grunts and a female's moans. Your heart dropped into your stomach as you quickly barged into the bedroom.

The sight in front of you broke your heart. There on the bed, YOUR bed, was your husband and another woman having sex. "G-George?"

"Shit!" George quickly got off the woman while the woman dove underneath the covers. You glared at George as he got dressed. He looked like a poor deer caught in headlights.

"Baby-" George gulps and tried touching you but you slapped his hand away.

"No." You whispered, "Don't you even fucking dare try to touch me." You shook your head and turned your head to face the woman who was still in your bed. She looked at you frightened. "And you. Get out." You demanded, your voice cracking.

She looked over at George and you completely lost it.

"I SAID GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY BED! GET OUT OF HERE!" You screamed and watched as she finally obeyed you. You bent down and grabbed her clothing off the floor and shoved it at her chest. She scurried out of the bedroom like a frightened little mouse.

You refused to look at your husband as you stormed past him to grab your suitcase out of the closet.

"Y/N..what-what are you doing?"

You ignored him and dropped the suitcase down on the bed then you began to shove some of your clothes into it. You had to stop a couple of times to wipe your eyes that were beginning to cloud over from the tears you were holding back.

"Y/N. Stop! Please!" George begged and gently grabbed your wrist. His touch burned you and you quickly yanked your arm back.

"Don't." You warned.

"Don't leave me."

"I just caught you fucking another woman in our bed. Why would i want to stay with you?"

"Just..give me a chance to explain."

"Fine. Explain." You crossed your arms to your chest and stared at him. He opened and closed his mouth a few times but nothing came out.

You shook your head as you finished packing. You closed the suitcase and picked it up. "Goodbye George. I won't get in the way of you and your mistress." You said bitterly.

"She's not my mistress!" George cried and followed you out into the living room.

You sat your suitcase down and spun around to face him. "Then who was she then?"

"Nobody!"

You snorted. "You're really unbelievable. I hope you go to hell. And here. You can keep this." You slide your wedding ring off your finger and shoved it at his chest. "I don't want it." You sniffed and grabbed your suitcase.