I MISS YOU LIKE CRAZY

RAFA
France

It's been three years since she left for New York. She told me that she needed to grow up and leave the nest. She wanted to feel how it is to work for her money. I allowed her to go because I know she wanted to get away from me.

That night in Baguio was the day I knew I lost her. I hugged her the whole night because I knew it would be the last. I made love to her again and she let me. But her kisses were as cold as an iceberg and if her touch were knives, it would have killed me right there.

I tried to call her at the number she left me but it no longer worked and I learned that she never reported for work in the company she told me. I tried to look for her and ask her friends. I hired the best investigators that my money could buy but a peraon who did not want to be found will never be found.

"Good afternoon passengers. This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight 89B to Rome. We are now inviting those passengers with small children, and any passengers requiring special assistance, to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes time. Thank you"

I looked at the people lining up to board the plane. Parents scampering after their little children. I began to stand up and headed for the line to wait for the passengers with special assistance to go on board when a young boy about two tripped in front of me as he runs away from his mother. I picked him up and he grasp my finger immediately. He was giggling at his mother who was rushing to us.

"Daniel!!!"

I looked at her and her eyes registered surprise.  She ran to her son and apologized to me.

"I'm sorry Sir. Daniel come let's go board that plane young man."

She picked him up and apologized again. She looked  at me as she was leaving with the squealing child in her arms. The boy is blond and fair. His mom is dark haired and dusky. The baby does not look like he's her son but the way he clung to her makes me realize maybe he took after his Dad.

She was so frightened when she saw me unlike her son who squealed with delight when I picked him.  Nakakatakot ba hitsura ko? Hindi naman yata eh.

They boarded the plane before me. Ah so they are also heading for Rome. When I was already in my seat at the business class, I heard a childish squeal to my left and saw Daniel and his mother who was not so happy at all. Our eyes met and she nodded for recognition. I nodded back.

MARGOT

OH BOY!!! That can't be Rafa Antonio is it? Oh no! How can I tell Berry that we're on the same flight with him? My phone died on me on the way to the airport and my powerbank was asked by the airport security to be checked in.

He looks at me but he does not recognized me at all. I used to go to their house in Manila but he was always away at work. I guess he could not remember that he went to my party with September on our graduation almost four years ago.

Berry will be picking us up at the airport.... oh well, I guess it's about time they see each other again.

I know Berry misses him like crazy.