I. Earth

CHAPTER 1x01

I. Earth

Clarissa is on the Ark. But she lives missing the ground. She never quite understood how she could miss something she never saw, that's probably the worst kind of missing, right? Not knowing. Deep down, Clarissa only hopes that somehow Earth is similar to Clarke's drawings.

Until then that cell is all she has have. Until then she's nothing more than a prisoner.

Suddenly, a loud noise echoed through the darkness, and the light touched her skin for the first time in days, focusing on Clarissa's sensitive green eyes. The door opened carefully, the guards always seemed too afraid to enter her cell. She got up quickly from the small bed when she saw two men stepping forward.

"Prisoner 389, stay on your back."

Clarissa did what she was told.

"What's wrong?" She asked, her voice not showing a bit of fear.

"Shut up. Raise your right arm."

Another loud noise caught the blonde's attention, and she turned around in alarm.

"No! I just turned 17 two weeks ago! It's not my turn!!"

"Raise your arm." One of the men ordered, with an object – that looked a lot like a bracelet – on his hand. Through her lips a loud cry escaped, she didn't wanted to go. She wasn't ready, "One last time, raise your arm!"

"No!" Clarissa stepped aside.

The taller guard pushed her against the wall, not mercy involved, and injected something into her neck and even tho Clarissa tried to escape, the other guard grabbed her, stopping her. She tried to break free with all the strength she had in her, but she had been away for far too long and the guard trained every day, she had been losing since the beginning.

Clarissa could see the other criminals' cells through the open door. She could also see her mother on the hallway across from her cell, hugging a familiar blonde girl. Memories attacked her fragile mind, and she was taken back to the last time she saw Abby Griffin; it had been in her birthday, her mom had entered her cell with a large smile and much love to give. The last time she saw Clarke Griffin, it had been far much longer, she had stopped counting the days.

Clarissa gestured, desesperated, "What the hell is going on?! You are going to kill us right?!"

"Calm down, girl." The shorter guard tried to approach her with ease.

"It's today, isn't it? Please don't do this! Don't –."

"Clarissa Griffin, you're not –."

And the blonde girl fell on the cold hard ground, unconsciousness. She had been in that same spot many times before, but she didn't know that would be her last.

When Cassandra woke up, she wasn't in her cell anymore.

She blinked a few times, trying to understand if she was dreaming – still in her cell – or not. She was in a place crowded with people. She recognized a lot of them. They were young criminals from the Ark's cells – teenagers that were being killed with her. A second thought made Clarissa frow, no they weren't being killed. That wasn't how the Ark executed their population. A sharp pain on her wrist drew her attention from the problem, and she looked at it, identifying the bracelet.

"Hello, blondie." Clarissa looked to her left, "I'm Octavia."

"Clarissa. You can call me Clary, if you want."