XIV. Always

CHAPTER 1X14 

XIV. Always

"Ok, you can get in!"

Raven shout for everyone waiting outside, woke them up. They had been waiting for quite some time now, and the more seconds passed, the more anxious they were getting.

Clarissa got ready to walk in, she was excited to see if Raven would really be able to blow up that bridge – she needed to be sure her people weren't doomed. But Bellamy's hand on her arm stopped her from getting inside.

"You stay out here."

"No." She said back, but he didn't move.

"You stay out and I get in." Bellamy reinforced, "There is no way I'm letting you get inside with an unstable bomb. You got it, Sunshine?"

He didn't bother to hide he was concerned for her well-being, and that surprised Clarissa. With Bellamy it was always about the small actions, the hidden words.

She shook her head, and stepped back. There wasn't much she could do to fight him, she didn't have it in her to say no to Bellamy Blake, not when he was showing how much she means to him. Clary was speachless, which was something rare.

"Ok. I will guard the tent." Clary rolled her eyes at her own words.

Both Finn and Bellamy walked inside, leaving her alone.

The wait was killing Clarissa, she had never been patient, let alone in a cause of life or death. The dirt was being kicked by her boots from one side to the other, her heart beating strong on her chest. Clary was too nervous about the whole thing.

"Don't you have work to do?!"

Bellamy's voice caught her attention the moment it echoed. Clarissa searched for it, and found him with Jasper near the tents. She closed her jacket and approached, when Jasper walked away from Bellamy.

Before she even got there, she noticed his imbalance. Clary knew he was about to fall down, so she ran to him. There wasn't much to think through, he needed her help.

"Bellamy!"

"No, Clary. Don't touch –." Clarissa held him before he could even fall, his words dying on his lips, "You shouldn't have touched me. No, you couldn't..."

"I got you." She put his arm around her shoulders and envelopped his waist.

Jasper approached them with concern and surprise, "Clarissa."

Clary looked up, "Don't get close."

"Just do the shot." Bellamy told him.

"C'mon." She pulled him with her to the dropship.

His weight didn't make the walk any easier, but she could handle it. Clarissa knew, in that moment, that Bellamy was more than just her co-lider, than just her partner. Bellamy was important to her, and she would cross hell before she let anything happen to him.

When they crossed the old rag holding in front of the dropship's door, Octavia was the first to run to them. She was surprise at first to see Clarissa holding her brother, and then she was concern for his well-being, and Clary's too now.

"Bell? No!"

"Open some space!" Clary shouted, "Help me lay him down, O."

Octavia helped sustain his weight, and together they put him down on the matress.