VIII. All I Have

CHAPTER 1X08

VIII. All I Have

"Clary, you're going to be ok." Octavia's voice sounded far away, "You're my best friend, you can't die."

Clarissa wanted to open her eyes and smile at raiven-haired girl, she really did, but she just couldn't – she was too weak. Bellamy's sister held a wet cloth, with shaky hands, and pressed it against Clary's forehead. Some tears falling from her eyes.

"They're back!"

"Bellamy!" Octavia left the almost unconscious girl and went to him, noticing they were carrying the grounder inside, "What the hell are you doing?"

"Getting answers." Bellamy replied.

"You mean revenge?" She ironized.

"Information."

Bellamy glanced at Clarissa, lying on the table. Yes, maybe he wanted revenge too.

"Clarke, are we ready? Can you hear me? You have to start with the boy and then move to Clary. How is she doing?"

Clarissa recognized her mother's voice through the radio, she would recognize it anywhere. She tried to speak, with all her strength, but all that got out was a loud painful scream.

Octavia ran to her, "Clary! She's losing a lot of blood. You've to hurry on Finn!"

She opened her eyes a little, "Octavia, what... what is Bellamy... what is Bellamy doing?"

The dark-haired girl held her best friend's hand, "Don't worry about that now, Clary. Worry about living, okay? Please."

. . .

Clarissa woke up again with the impact of her body on the ground.

She moaned, supporting herself on the wall. She managed to stand up, her head hurting – even tho it hurt much less than everything else did. And before anyone could notice her, she went to the stairs, almost falling a few times, and she managed to climb up.

Finn gained a little lucidity, "Wait, how is... how is Clary doing?"

"Where is she is a better question." Clarke said back, looking at the empty table.

When Clarissa got to the middle level of the dropship, people didn't lose time and called someone, "Hey, Octavia!"

"No." She muttered, hurrying to the next stairs.

Octavia rushed to her best friend in desbelief, and held her back, stopping her from climbing up the next stairs, "What the hell are you doing, Clary?"

"Your brother is... he is with the grounder, isn't he?"

"Let him be, Clary! I tried to stop him." The dark-haired girl put an arm around Clarissa's waist, "No one can stop him now, so let's just worry about getting you better."

Clarissa moaned in pain, stepping away from Octavia in a violent gesture, "If you... If you won't help me, don't... don't stop me, O." And she started climbing up the stairs slowly.

"Stop, Clary!" Octavia still shouted in concern.

When Clarissa made it to the top, she saw the grounder. It was the first thing she saw, and all she felt was pity. Yes, he was the same one who put her in that position along with Finn. She wasn't quite sure they would both make, she wasn't sure she would. However, Clary couldn't help but feel sorry. He had tried to help them by sounding that fog alarm, and that has to mean something. Right?