XIII. No Cure

CHAPTER 1X13

XIII. No Cure

"Here, alcohol. Reach out your hand." Clarke said to Finn, "Get everyone here who had contact with Murphy." And her lover got left the dropship.

"And everyone who got in contact with those?" Bellamy wondered.

"We've to start somewhere, right?" Clarissa sighed at the little they would be able to do to contain that thin, and turned to Connor, "Who was with you when you found him?"

"Who brought him here?" Clarke insisted.

Clary glanced at Bell with widened eyes once Octavia's name left Connor's mouth. They both cared about the raiven-haired girl more than words could say, so they both left the dropship and rushed to Octavia's tent, not losing time.

"You scared me."

Bellamy asked right away, "How are you feeling?"

"Fine. You can leave, Bellamy." She replied.

"Did you touch Murphy yesterday?" Clary question.

"What?" Octavia looked over at them, confused.

"Answer her, Octavia."

"I don't know. I think so. Why?" She said.

"The grounders sent some virus to infect us." Clarissa explained.

"Derek just died. Another mark to your boyfriend's book. Get up, Clary will examine you."

And just like that Bellamy left the two alone.

Clarissa smiled sadly at her friend, she wished they had had the opportunity to talk things through before this happened, but time was short and things were always happening.

She approached Octavia, putting a cloth to her mouth so she wouldn't get infected or infect Bellamy's sister – that wasn't something she would want at all.

Clary grabbed a flashlight on the table, "Open wide your eyes, please. Now your mouth."

There were no signs of much irrigated blood vessels or swellings under her eyes. No bleeding.

"How am I?" Octavia asked.

"Fine. You seem fine. But you should go to the dropship, just for precaution." Clarissa answered, and turned around, ready to leave.

"Wait, Clary." Octavia called out for her, "It wasn't your fault. I don't blame you. And I'm sorry about your Mom."

"Thanks, Octavia. I... I actually needed to hear that."

Clarissa exited the tent, being followed by the raiven-haired girl. They both made their way to the drop ship, Bellamy waiting by the door.

"How is she?"

"No visual signs." She told him.

"She wasn't infected?"

"I saw no symptoms. But it can change, Bellamy." Clarissa explained, "I told her to stay here for precaution."

"No way. Look at this place." He gestured, refusing to agree to that.

"You want to keep this from the others or not?"

There was no other option, and Bellamy knew it. He could see Clary glancing over to Clarke. He could only imagine how it hurt to see her own sister like that, when there was nothing she could do. This was the best Clary could do, contain it.