XXI. We Are Better

CHAPTER 1X21

XXI. We Are Better

She had lost sign of Bellamy and everyone standing with her before, the field around her was a whole mess. And she the blood covering her entire face matched it perfectly.

Clarissa killed two more before reaching the tunnel, she didn't recognized herself while doing so. She was sure she tasted like war, and death. She wanted to fight, yes, but now – while feeling her enemies' blood on her skin, while feeling nothing while killing – Clary was sure than even if they won, they would still lose.

An explosion sound echoed, and Clarissa looked up at the sky. A burning flame shooting down. The shots stopped, and she was sure everyone was just watching what looked like a ship.

"The Ark." She breathed, tears shining on her green eyes.

"Clary!" Clarke's voice called out for her, and she turned to face her sister. The look on Clarke's face was of pure horror and sorrow too, she had been wondering what was going down outside but seeing Clarissa – her own sister – she knew she had went through hell, "I need more time here, can you make sure no one leaves the gates?"

"I can do that." Clarissa nodded, turning around to face everyone trying to run, "No one leaves their posts, do you hear me?! I was wrong, this is not run and live. If we run we die, if we stay and hold them off we might still have a shot!"

"Clarissa –." It was Liam, he was trying to argue with her.

"I said don't leave your posts." Her green eyes threatened him, and when Liam's face showed a glint of fear, that was when Clarissa realized how she was acting. Her voice soften, "You said earlier that you trust me to make the choices. So trust me on this, Liam. We need more time."

"Fine," He nodded, and ran off to the wall.

The walkie talkie still on her waist turned on, Bellamy's voice breaking through.

"Bellamy?"

"Clary," His voice was covered in static but she could still know he was just as relieved as she was, "where are you?"

She brought it to her lips, "Behind the walls. What's happening out there?"

"You need to fall back."

"Clarke needs me at the walls." Clarissa told him, "We need more time."

"No!" Bellamy sounded desesperated, "Please, you need to –."

He was cut off by the sounds outsides the walls, it was getting worse. Clarissa tried to get back to him, but Bellamy's voice never came through again. So she did the best she could, and jumped up to the top of the walls, reaching out for one gun on the ground before doing so.

"Reapers." Clary recognized the new arrived people from what her friends had told her, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." That was also when she saw a very familiar figure walking inside the walls, a smile on her bloody face showing. It had been him, "Finn..."

She saw Clarke rush to him, and she dropped her position.

"You are alive." They turned to meet her, Finn's face changing at the sight of her appearance. She wasn't looking good, but she already knew that. "You brought the reapers."

"It was a very crazy idea." Finn breathed, "But Lincoln helped me. He is here too."

Clarissa still hugged him, even covered in their enemies' blood. But then again, she had done it for them. When they pulled away, she looked into his eyes, "You did good, Finn."