50: Face To Face! 'Christmas'

I was in the kitchen with Stefan and Hayley talking about my family, "Yeah, my mom has no blood relation to Elena or Jeremy. My dad was their mom's, Miranda's, brother. So they were my aunt and uncle. When they passed away, my mom wanted to take them in. But thy didn't want to move. And at the time it was me, Derek, and Stephanie living with her. We couldn't all just move in like their aunt Jenna did. There wasn't enough room," I told them.

"Love, I think Damon's looking for you," my mother said, entering the kitchen where the three of us were eating cookies.

"What makes you think that? We're only like ten feet away from each other," I chuckled.

"He keeps looking over here waiting for you to come out of the kitchen. He looks stressed," she said and my brows furrowed.

"Excuse me," I told them all. I headed out the kitchen, wiping my hands off on my pants. He was sitting in a chair, watching tv just like the rest of the men. I walked up behind him and leaned down, pressing my lips to his ear.

"I love you," I whispered in Damon's ear as I leaned over the back of the armchair he sat in. My arms wrapping around his shoulders and my hands locking across his chest. "So much, baby. Never forget that."

He turned his head and gave me a soft smile. I grinned back and he leaned forward pecking my lips. "Hey, let's go outside," he said quietly.

I let him go, nodding. He got out of his seat and walked around to grab my hand. He led the way outside and I shivered upon the cold. We sat down on the bench on the porch and he grabbed the blanket, wrapping it around me. I smiled in thanks and turned to face him. "So what do you wanna talk about?" I asked and he chuckled.

"How did you know I wanted to talk?"

"Because I know you. I've spent at least a little bit of time with you pretty much every day for nearly six months since we met. And I've been loving you for three. I know the basics about you, baby. And I know you're ready to laugh at my rambling," I grinned and he cupped my face, chuckling now.

"No, no. I think it's cute," he said. He then leaned in and kissed me gently. But it was passionate. I moved closer, pressing one hand to his thigh that touched mine. My other hand to his chest.

A gasp left my lips as he bit on my lower lip. I opened my mouth for him to deepen the kiss. He tugged me close, one hand still holding my face and the other at my waist, between my small curve to my hips.

"Mm. You didn't pull me out here to make out. I'm freezing," I said.

"I just... I've been thinking a lot."

"Uh-huh. About what?"

"You know... just us. Our future."

"And?" I pressed the subject. I wasn't going to force it out of him or rush it. He seemed nervous. "Baby? If you changed your mind, we don't have to talk about it."

"No. I have to."

"Okay..."

"Stefan and Hayley got a cat."

I furrowed my brows before chuckling. He bit his lip and I leaned close, rubbing my nose against his. "Darling, what about their cat?" I asked him, knowing it wasn't about that.

"Well, I want another cat," he said and I laughed loudly.

"I will never say no to a pet," I chuckled. I pecked his lips and ran a hand through his hair while he just grinned at me. His eyes sparkling as he watched me. I blushed, moving my hand to caress his cheek. "What?" I whispered.