▫prolouge

M E I ' S  P O I N T  O F  V I E W▫

I am thankful...

'Wow, Mei! You already have the latest phone! It's not yet even out in the market.'

'I'm so envious of Mei's height...'

'Mei's hair is so cute!'

'Mei! I heard you're friends with Hong Joshua? You two look good together!'

A shake helped me come back to my senses. Oh yeah, I was in front of a bus stop with Joshua, waiting for the bus to arrive.

He sends me in school and fetches me afterwards.

"Mei. You're spacing out." He mumbled. He was so close to me that I could smell his mint toothpaste.

"I'm sorry." I pushed him gently as I left a friendly space between us.

"Do you really want to take the bus instead of my car? It's more comfortable in it." I heard him ask for the nth time. He must be worried because I'm used to luxury.

"I have a lot of things that I wanted to experience! Life is short! I should try everything." I punched his arm lightly.

"Your dad won't be happy." Joshua commented nonchalantly.

"He won't! Because I am with you." I scoffed. Joshua has my family under his charms. My father would be really happy to know that I was with my fiance.

He sighed in defeat. My attention was caught off by the pebbles on my foot. I played with it while waiting, while Joshua was standing patiently and waiting for any bus to approach.

I observed him silently.

I didn't know what will happen to us when we got married. He was the opposite of me.

He is gentle, pure, innocent, quiet. Joshua does everything our parents tell him so. At his young age, everyone sees a business potential on him.

"Joshua, do you really want to be with me?" I asked him suddenly. He couldn't hide the surprise on his face and it took him a little moment before he answered.

"Of course. I won't be here if I don't." Then he looked away.

...But you don't need to lie...

'Mei is such a brat. I bet she begged her father to buy her the phone, so she could mocked us."

'Mei is so tall. It will be hard for her to find a guy that will suit her well. I don't want to be like Mei...'