Pet | 17. Kwon

12:30 a.m

It was pretty late when I finished checking the presentation, and I was really proud that I did it on time.

I was in front of my vanity mirror, finishing the last step of my skin care routine just to make sure that I will look confident and presentable for tomorrow's discussion.

Suddenly, the door in my room opened. It was Joshua who was still surprised to see me awake.

"Why are you still awake?" He asked me as he stopped on entering my room. He stayed across the door frame as his hands still holding the knob.

"And so do you? What are you doing here?" I asked him as I watched hid reflection on my mirror.

He smiled at me and leaned on the door frame.

"I'm just checking on my wife."

I really liked the way he calls me his wife.

"Your wife is fine." I rode along.

He stared at me for a few seconds. I stared back as I was waiting for anything he'll say or do.

"Good luck on your meeting tomorrow."

I smiled.

"You too." Because he has to fly on Thailand for another meeting.

Sometimes, I felt happy to experience this tiresome duty. My mom and grandmother never have a chance to share the work of father and grandfather.

I could still remember that they always teach me that men are born to work while women are to stay at home.

I knew Joshua believed in me that's why he was patiently teaching me.

Then, he stared at me again. As if he wants to tell me something.

"Okay. Good night." He was about to close the door when I called him.

I was not impressed. That's all?

"Uhm. Joshua." I stopped on combing my hair and faced his direction. I met his eyes and asked him a question that just popped into my mind. "Why did you decide to see me tonight?" Of course, I was happy to know that he came to visit me, but what if I was asleep. He didn't seem to think that I was still awake when he visited.

His lips slowly formed into a smirk.

"I don't know. Rest well, Mei."

I scratched my head as I watched him disappear.

As much as I wanted to think of possible scenarios, I wanted to invest my whole mind for tomorrow's contract signing.

It felt like I slept very well that night, yet I still managed to wake up before my alarm goes on.

The maid has already prepared my breakfast. Joshua even left me a note and a rose as a good luck gift.

I made sure to keep the note and the flower on my room before I kept on going.

Everything was going much better than I expected to. I arrived on the venue earlier. I still have time to check around and to prepare the room.

Once I was done, I decided to step out of the meeting room to walk around the lobby, since the place where we would be holding the contract signing was at a eight-star hotel owned by Joshua's friend named Woozi. He was a bachelor who had established the second eight-star hotel in the whole world. Right now, Woozi held the most numbers of eight-star hotel after the one that was built on Dubai.

"Today is really a good day." I whispered to myself.

A familiar figurine has caught my eyes.

"Minghao?"

He seemed to notice me immediately that's why he walked towards me.

"Hey." He greeted. He was wearing a formal suit that hugged his body. His right ear also has a dangling earring, making him more dashing as ever.

"Hey!" I searched for someone behind him, looking for his date. "What are you doing here? It's great to see you again." I even patted his arm.

"I'm one of the investors invited for your today's meeting."

My mouth opened. He never told me once that he'll be an audience.

Minghao guided me back to the place where we would commence our meeting. He was feeding me up information that really surprised me.

"Huh? I only thought it will be the Kwon's." I asked him as I didn't remember his name that was involved in the contract signing, because we were really focused on the Kwon's.

"The Kwon's are the major investor. You can say that I am the minority of today's investors. He has the 70% of the votes while my vote only counts the 30% of a hundred. If he says yes, then it's a yes." He explained.

"...That's my business, Mei. I don't feel like sticking on one business. That's why I build a corporation that supports projects. Of course, I study them before I agree to invest. Joshua is new to the Kwon's, you know. The deal is fetched by Hyejeong because she's a good friend of his wife."

I've noticed a playful grin when he said that he couldn't stick in one business. Did he mean it on work or even in woman?

"Wait. You mean the Kwon is way too high for us to be partners with? Because you sound like Hyejeong catch a miracle for this meeting." I pin-pointed.

Minghao nodded.

"Yes. The Kwon's has friends to rely on these global businesses. It is you and Joshua who's asking to ride on their success. Well, that includes me because I choose to be in the minority."

"If it's hard. How can you get in so easily?"

"Because they don't trust you. Yet. The Kwon's do not invest a hundred percent on people that they do not know. And I know how much this project means to Joshua. I can't delay it." He opened in the certain page of the contract. "Your proposal requires a lot of zeros in the funds, Mei. The Kwon's can invest whole money for this, but they refuse, yet bargain how they will acquire profits from Joshua. Basically, you work the project, but the Kwon's will get half of the earnings everytime..."

"...And since Joshua and I are friends, I don't have to get the halves of what I invested. I told him that I'll get 30% only." He added proudly.

"Yes. I actually find it unfair. But I never questioned Joshua about it, because he trusts Hyejeong so much." I rolled my eyes that made Minghao chuckled.

"I trust Hyejeong too. That's why I ride in this."

I pouted. Once again, I was defeated.

"He can just ask for my and his parents for help."

"I told you. It needs more zero." Minghao patted the numbers on the paper.

I never knew that there were people that can be richer than our families.

"The Kwon's are here." My assistant informed me.

I noticed Minghao changed. He looked professional, different from what he was portraying just seconds ago.

"Why are you so formal? Aren't you friends with Soonyoung?" I joked.

Minghao stared at me blankly.

"I am. But didn't you know? It's not Kwon Soonyoung. It's Kwon Jiyong."