Pet | 15. New VP

Minghao smirked playfully.

That was the last picture that I remembered before darkness hovered me.

I could still remember how his lips raised with his eyes looked like it was igniting in wonders.

And I trusted myself to Minghao who I didn't know that much.

He didn't look like he wasn't interested with women. With a good looking man like him, I doubt he just talk with the ladies who hang out with him.

I felt a slight movement around my legs and that made my eyes shot open.

"No!" I screamed loudly, pulling myself up on the soft mattress.

"What no?" Joshua's forehead creased as he glared at me. It seemed he was fixing the blanket above me.

First was the head-wrecking pain.

Second was his presence.

"J-joshua... How did I---"

"The8 brought you here." He answered immediately. I knew the room was different from the room I stayed in. This must be Joshua's room, the room that he offered to share with Hyejeong.

Nothing too much special. Across the bed was a table with loads of work.

As soon as he finished his business with me, Joshua came back to his table.

"That was one nasty, Mrs. Hong. I can't believe that I have to drag you here while you decided to cling to another man. And even send this paper at home to watch you out."

"My head." I cried.

"Jasmine tea beside you." The hot teapot was beside the bed.

Slightly, my heart feels happy, for I have his attention on me. He didn't need to stay longer with Hyejeong.

"I never asked you to look after me. You can stay in your office and do your business or even do Hyejeong." I only whispered the last few words, but it seemed that he did not miss any words. The room was so quiet that the flipping to the next page was only heard.

I watched him lean his back on the swivel chair. He looked amused to me.

"Assuming you are right. But you are my wife and your family entrusts you to me."

"I am only your wife in front of my family. Are they here?"

Okay. Good argument self.

"Right. That attitude won't work for me. Remember, I have my name at stake because of you. My relationship and my business depend on your behavior."

Yes, his relationship with Hyejeong that is supported by his whole friends and if the news ever came to my family, his family's business will be in danger.

"If you want me to behave, might as well tie me beside you." I joked.

"I already think of that. I suggest that you rest well, because tomorrow is gonna be all about how to please Hong Joshua." He stood up with his laptop and stormed out of the room.

------------------------------

I woke up late for office. Since I proposed to work as Joshua's secretary, I thought I should act like one, and maybe, annoy Hyejeong.

'Meet me in the office. Wear a proper attire.'

I did as he say. There were no hints of luxury on me. Just simplicity and eagerness to learn on how to run a company. Of course, it was fake.

I was near Joshua's office when I heard familiar voices.

"No, Jisoo! I won't give my position to Mei! You can give her other positions below mine!" That was Hyejeong's voice.

"It's perfect. She has to work for me." Joshua answered.

"Any position can work for you! Not just mine."

I twisted the knob and entered the room. No knocks.

"Hello, sweetheart." I greeted Joshua with full of sweetness.

They were standing so close to each other. I only had Hyejeong to glance at me once while Joshua's eyes were glued to her.

"Hyejeong, she won't have the position for long. Remember when you ask for another vacation to me? I guess this is it. Take a break. Okay?" He massaged her hand and thought of kissing it, but Hyejeong pulled.

"The papers are on the desk. I had all of it finished. I'll ask my secretary that she'll assist, Miss Mei." She responded coldly.

Hyejeong walked past on me before leaving the room.

I couldn't be more happy that she rejected Joshua and she's out in the company who knows for how long!

"Hey." I followed her out.

She swiftly faced me, still pissed out.

"I thought that I will never be in your position. I am now the vice president. Who knows? Maybe, after your vacation, I also have Joshua." I tapped her shoulder. "Enjoy. Hmm?"

Then, I moved back to Joshua's office.
------------------------------

Joshua never talked to me, until a woman arrived at his office.

We walked towards another room that I conclude to be Hyejeong's office.

"This is secretary Hana. She will help you in your duties." The lady bowed as he introduced her.

"I'll leave her to you."

"Yes, sir."

Then, he left.

My fingers traced the table.

"Let's start with changing the office design. It sure needs a lot of changing and even cleaning."

"No. You have to begin here." Then she patted the papers on the desk.

Didn't Hyejeong say that she's done with these?

"These are the papers to look in preparation for the meeting with the Kwon's." She continued.

"This much?" I scanned the papers.

"Yes. I suggest that you take note of the things you need to press and counter on their proposal and state suggestions. This is important for the company expansion in Japan. The Kwon's are the peak of Japan."

Wait. What? So, what is this secretary for?

"Aren't you should be the one who does this?" I asked her.

"The president only trust the judgement of his vice president."

"Hyejeong should have done this."

"She did. In one day."

I didn't like her tone. She seemed to be pressuring and challenging me.

"Then, let her do it if she's that great." I countered.

"The president has expelled her in all duties. This meeting is in your hands."

"They are torturing me." I whispered to myself.