Pet | 13. The Boy from Before

I didn't have a choice but to comply. As soon as she closed the door of her office, I started confronting her. I wouldn't let her have everything that she wanted. I wouldn't waste my grandmother's efforts just to see them happy.

"You are also here?" I asked in disbelief. First, it was his home. Then, his foundation, and now in this company!?

Hyejeong traced her table without breaking any eye contact with me.

"I'm working here. Because unlike somebody, I'm full with skills." She said and I wasn't a fool to tell that I was the one with no skill. "So, what's the problem with the business extension in China?" She asked professionally.

I was taken aback. She was using the excuse that I came here.

The expansion in China was the only thing I knew. I never asked further because I was never interested about it, not even a bit.

"Ah. You know nothing, aren't you? As you can see, everything in this company is partly yours." She laughed insultingly. She sat on her table and opened her arms to explain how big my possessions can be.

I believed that my family is one of the major stockholder of Joshua's company too.

"Except for my position and Hong Jisoo." Hyejeong added with a damn smirk.

I wanted to pull her hair or pushed her out of the window, but as the girl who was taught about etiquette for her whole life, it will be very humiliating. 

"What? Cat got your tongue? You're bravely declaring that you have something to say." She spoke again.

"It has nothing to do with you." I fired back, yet, she didn't fell back.

"You know, Mei. If you want to speak with Jisoo about your personal feelings, don't drag it here." She lectured me while checking her finger nails. "This is a company. We're busy." She said in a matter of fact tone.

"I am his business because I am his wife." I tried to embarrass her but there was no effect.

"Oh yeah. Sure. I hope you can wait at him in home since I'm not obliging him to stay with me."

"What? You think I don't have a problem?"

"Just, maybe, your problem isn't as severe as ours." She replied with no interest on me.

-----------------

I walked out of the room. I wasn't winning that conversation and I wouldn't waste my time with her.

I growled to myself as I remembered the events. Maybe, I should really have pushed her out of the window so that she could fell from the seventeenth floor and died ugly.

"So, you are Su Fu Mei." I nearly jumped from the voice that called me.

It was him.

"I forgot to introduce myself to you before. I'm Xu Minghao." He offered his left hand for a hand shake.

And there I was, staring at his face. I couldn't believe that he's standing infront of me now. How could I forgot about this prince slash hero of my life?

He still remembered me. He found me. Please don't tell me that this is fate.

"Oh." He withdrew his hand because I was taking too long for about my thoughts of him. "I guess you forgot about me." Minghao scratched his nape and smiled bashfully.

I didn't know how I put myself back on the track after that view. Still, good looking as ever.

"No! No!" I grabbed his hand aggressively and shaked it. "I was just shock to see you here! I never thought we're gonna meet again!" I said excitedly.

This was the least scenario that I could think about how we'll meet again.

"Same here. I'm surprised when you arrived with Jeonghan. How you two know each other?"

Ah. One of Joshua's friends.

"I just met him on the lobby and he willingly assisted me to Joshua." I answered back.

"Well, why are you looking troubled? Problem with Hyejeong?" He asked while pointing at her door.

I was thinking of bad-mouthing that woman, until I remembered that Joshua and Jun described her as perfect. Maybe, Minghao wouldn't believe me even if I confessed so.

"N-no. I was just feeling hungry. I went here as soon as the helicopter landed." I lied.

"Perfect. Maybe, you can treat me to a ramyun. You ran away from me before."

A quick flashback came to me. Joshua and I were on good terms after that accident.

"I haven't stay here for long. I can't suggest a ramyun shop to you." I informed him honestly.

"Leave it to me." Minghao assured.

------------------

In contrast of his rich aura, Minghao brought me to Ramyun Tent with people were swarming the area. I grew up in a luxurious life and this was new to me.

Minghao was just as excited as me. He greeted the staff of the shop and didn't seem bother about the noise or average temperature inside.

Except from being good looking, he was really nice to everyone. He could easily mingle to any group. He also had a tendency to be cute without him knowing. He was looking innocent.

There were no bad words to describe him.

We placed our orders and later on a woman brought our food.

"What? This is a new face, The8!" She commented as she scanned my face.

Well, maybe, he is a player. Pretty normal for a guy like him.

"Come on, auntie. You're ruining my image to this beautiful lady."

"You look good together." She gave him a thumbs up and a teasing smile before leaving.

Minghao just laughed.

"Who's The8? Is that the name you tell the girls you bring here?" I asked, changing the topic.

"Me. It's my stage name." He answered while stirring the noodles.

"What are you? An artist?" I joked.

Once again, Minghao laughed. If he's not laughing, he's smiling.

"Don't give me that laugh! I'm not falling for you." I pointed my spoon at him. Minghao pushed my hand away, still the smile was on his face.

"Come on! I don't bring girls here for a date. I actually counsel them here."

I looked around the place.

"You counsel what? And in here? Does this place look like a principal's office to you?"

"It's less romantic. No woman will misinterpret it for a date."

I nodded my head. A romantic atmosphere would never be built here.

"As you can see Mei, I can't help but help every troubled women I see." He leaned forward and whispered.

"Do I look troubled to you?" I also whispered.

"Nah. I just want to be with you." Since I was so surprised about his answer, I nudged the glass on the table and when it fell, some water spilled on his shirt.

"I'm sorry!" I reached for the tissues and rubbed it on his shirt.

"It's fine." He said assuringly.

"Do you have an extra shirt in your car?"

"I'm afraid that I don't have, but my house is just 15 minutes drive from here."

"Auntie, can you please pack the ramyun?"