five

"can you pass the chips?"

"gerard, you're driving"

"i don't give a damn. pass em up"

i let out a sigh, taking a handful of chips before passing the bag to gerard's outstretched hand.

frank fiddled with the radio, which he had been doing for the past five minutes.

"you know there's only so many stations on the radio, right?" i said to frank, leaning forward and resting my elbows on the arm rest, holding my head on my hands.

all the sudden gerard slammed his breaks, and i flew backwards, almost hitting the back window.

"fuck you!"

"you were distracting me"

we all ended up laughing, and i rubbed my head.

"let's stop to get a hotel" frank suggested. he looked at the GPS. "we have...23 hours to go" he frowned.

"hey, that's fine! i'll try to find a nice hotel. this road trip is gonna be fun, huh, y/n?" gerard said suddenly, as if he was worried.

"oh, uh, yeah" i spluttered.

gerard went to mumbling songs to himself. frank slowly brushed a piece of gerards hair behind his ear.

"you're so beautiful" frank whispered, reaching over to peck gerard's cheek. gerard's face deepened to almost the color of his hair, and he bit his lip.

"two hotel rooms?" frank offered, leaning back into his chair.

"you bet" gerard smirked