sixteen

after hours of lazily shoving myself with candy  and chips, ryan got off the interstate and down a road. on the right i could see a city, the skies were lined with tall, piercing buildings. on the left was obviously the busy interstate.

ryan drived into the city, and was unfazed by the traffic that would of easily gotten me upset if i was driving. he pulled into an empty alleyway. the walls were lined with doors every so many yards. ryan kept driving, until he reached the end of the alleyway. from there he parked into the parking garage.

"i didn't bring anything" i realized out loud. ryan raised an eyebrow. "i'll take you shopping tomorrow, you must be tired. you can wear one of my shirts to bed"

i nodded, getting out of the car. ryan did as well, and we walked to the alleyway.

"yeah, uh, the location is kinda sketchy. it's all i can afford at the moment. sorry" ryan scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"it's fine" i said simply. ryan walked up to one of the doors, unlocking it. he opened the door for me.

i stepped inside. i was surprised at what i saw. instead of the dirty, smelling apartment i expected, it was surprisingly clean. the living room was to the left, the couches against the wall and the tv on the opposite wall. to the right of the door, you can see the granite countertops of the kitchen, along with the bar, which could seat three people on the black leather chairs.

in front of the door was a sort of empty space. i walked deeper into the house. to the right, behind the living room, was a hallway that appeared to have three doors. on the left, there was a single door that had a padlock on it. i payed no attention to that door.

i turned my attention to ryan, who found himself a place in the kitchen and was putting a pizza into the oven. i smiled to myself.

ryan turned around after turning on the oven. "i'll show you to your room" he smiled. i followed him as he walked into the hallway. we passed the first door, which was placed on the right. i supposed it was ryan's room.

ryan stopped a door on the left, opening it. there was a bed, a nightstand, and a dresser with a tv on top of it.

"uh, this is your room" he gestured to the room.

"and that's the bathroom down the hallway. my room is the first door, if you need anything, knock" he explained.

i nodded, and followed him out the room. we sat on the couch, and watched animal planet (he was fascinated by animals, and i admittedly was as well) until the timer set off. ryan got up, getting the pizza out of the oven. we helped ourselves to it, completely unaware about how late it was, 1 am.

"i'm going to be off to sleep now, you can keep watching the tv if you want" he offered. i noticed his eyes darting to the door with the padlock.

"oh, no thank you. i better go to sleep as well. can i use your shower?"

"sure! i don't think i have feminine shampoo though, i'll make sure that we go to the store tomorrow as well as shopping" his eyes were now fixed on the door, and i saw a worried expression on his face.

"okay, thanks. goodnight ryan" i smiled.

"goodnight"

while i walked into the hallway towards the shower, i turned around. ryan was unlocking the padlock to the door, and stepped inside the dark room.

i was greatly suspicious.