//Four//

The sunlight filters through the curtains of the bedroom window and the birds are chirping outside

The sunlight filters through the curtains of the bedroom window and the birds are chirping outside. My eyes flutter open and I see that Sage has already gotten up and left the room. I grab my phone lazily, checking the time. It's 10:04am and as I start to wake up more, I smell bacon. I roll out of bed and trudge into the dining room.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty." Sage laughs, and I rub my eyes as some of the sleepiness returns to me. My mom comes into the room, carrying a plate of bacon and another of eggs.

"I'm so hungry." I say, my voice more raspy than I anticipated. I sit down next to Sage and fix myself a plate. I hear my dad come into the dining room and I look up to see he's bringing a carton of orange juice.

"Well you better eat fast today because Uncle Andy is picking us up in about 15 minutes. You're the only one who hasn't gotten ready." Derek says with a mouthful of scrambled eggs. "Don't throw up though."

"Let's not be graphic while we're eating." She says, giving my brother a slightly stern look.

"Is there anything I can just take to-go? I can eat in the car when we're not so rushed." I ask, just taking one piece of bacon. My mom looks at my dad, having a weird silent conversation with their eyes, and then sighs.

"Fine. Go get ready." She waves me away and I race back to my room. I open my unpacked suitcase and fumble through all of my clothes- practically my whole closet. The weather today is on the warmer side, so I pick out a bright, cropped, orange t-shirt. Knowing my mom would make a fuss, I pick high waisted jeans to cover up most of my stomach.

I quickly throw everything on, and grab my makeup bags before heading into the bathroom. I run a brush through my long hair and tie it into a high ponytail with a random scrunchie.

"Sage!" I yell. Her footsteps approach and she comes into the bathroom with a piece of bacon hanging out of her mouth.

"What do you want?" She shoves the rest of the food into her mouth and washes her hands before taking my makeup out.

"Simple, but glam?" I say, slightly confused and unsure, using terms from the youtube videos Sage forces me to watch.

"Alrighty then." She shrugs, swallowing and grabbing a primer. Miraculously, she gives me winged eyeliner and a blinding highlight within 10 minutes. I throw on some chapstick and mascara to finish the look and then check the time.

"Crap, we have two minutes!" I say. We run to the doorway, grabbing our backpacks and shoes. I'm halfway out the door before I remember my sunglasses, and I sprint to my bedroom to get the red-tinted shades. When I get back outside, I see that uncle Andy, Sage, and Derek are waiting for me in the car. I grab my skateboard quickly, throwing it in the trunk and getting in.

"I told you she would be the last one out of the house." Derek says as I hop into the backseat.

"Shut up." I mutter, buckling myself in. We make small talk and continue to catch up as uncle Andy drives us to an unknown destination. We continue to pester him with our questions until he drives up to a hotel.