//Seven//

I wake up to sound of a bird chirping outside my curtain covered window

I wake up to sound of a bird chirping outside my curtain covered window. I groaned and covered my head with my pillow, trying to block it out and fall back asleep.

After a minute or two, my attempts fail and I take the pillow off my head, glaring at the window. I slump out of bed and slowly walk to my suitcase to pick out my outfit. My sleep deprived brain was unable to make decent fashion decisions so I just grab an old weezer band-tee and some ripped jeans.

I once again slump over to the bathroom and turn on the shower faucet. Setting down my outfit on the sink and undressing, I slip into the shower. I automatically hiss as I step into the shower, the hot water hitting the giant purple ring on my hip. I curse myself for forgetting about it, but even more for getting it in the first place.

As I shower, I think about the incident that happened two days ago, still not believing that I had been so reckless. I had practiced that trick countless times surrounded by multiple people before, I never ever got distracted. Well, except for that one time with Derek, and that other time with my cousin Patrick. Okay, so maybe it happened a few times but that was last year. I've nailed every single staple gun since this February! What made this time any different?

The second I made eye contact with Finn I lost my stepping – why? I grab my shampoo and lather it onto my head, enjoying the smell of lavender it emitted. Maybe it's because I still had jet lag from the plane, maybe that's why I got distracted so easily. That seems to be the only possibility that makes sense. Yeah, it was the jet lag.

I hop out of the shower, dry off, and decide to be lazy and let my hair air dry wavy instead of my usual blow drying session. After I change into my clothes and completely skip my makeup routine I grab a toothbrush and brush my teeth. Theres a bunch of noises coming from the kitchen and I assume that Sage and Derek are in there, already eating breakfast. I trudge over, banging my bare feet on the ground. The toothbrush dangles from my mouth, and I'm still sleep deprived and moody as ever.

I walk into the dining room to see Sage working on her computer and Derek eating food, as per usual. My parents aren't here but that's because they said they were going on an "early morning hike". Gross. Sage looks over at me and then back down at her computer while Derek just puts his bowl in the sink and walks to his room.

"I got a clear shot of you falling." Sage says casually and my eyes widen. I rush back to the bathroom, pushing Derek out of the way, and quickly spit out into the sink, almost missing it, before quickly sprinting back to Sage and the video. She turns the laptop towards me and I watch the shot. I automatically cringe as I critique every single thing I did.

"That looks a lot worse than I thought." I mutter, watching it one more time and noticing even more errors. I can see when I fall that my hip gets instant contact with the floor and I wince, once again feeling the pain I had been trying so hard to block out.

I turn to Sage and lift up my shirt to show her the bruise again, knowing she would want daily looks to make sure it's fine.