//Twelve//

It's the fourth of July today. I convinced Uncle Andy to let us off early for the party tonight, and everyone was bouncing off the walls when I told them.

"I'll see you guys later. I doubt we'll go swimming but wear your swimsuits under, just in case." I tell the cast.

"See ya!" They all wave goodbye as uncle Andy drives Sage and I back to the house.

"I can tell you guys are more than excited." Uncle Andy laughs, looking at us in the rearview mirror.

"Definitely." I say, chuckling and looking at Sage. We pull up to the small house as the sun begins to leave its 5 'o clock post, and we sprint into the house as Andy drives off again.

He's coming back to make us some food, but he'll probably end up spending his time with Barbara watching TV inside the house. The losers are sleeping over at our place tonight, and Uncle Andy is staying until 9pm.

Sage and I race around the house, getting everything ready. We jot down a list on a scrap piece of paper and tidy up the house.

"Sparklers?"

"Check."

"Snacks?"

"Check."

"Firewood? Matches?"

"Check. And I just have my lighter."

"Remind me again why you have a lighter?" I ask Sage, turning to her curiously.

"For emergencies." She shrugs and pulls it out from her backpack. "Also fun. But mostly emergencies."

We run around the house, throwing away trash, wiping surfaces, and all sorts of things. We take out some of the outdoor blankets and pillows, and set up the fire pit outside.

We make the house as presentable as possible, while Derek sits around on his phone. Apparently he's staying with a "friend" tonight.

I go into the bedroom, shoving laundry into the hamper, and shoving the hamper into the closet. We throw a majority of our stuff back into the suitcases, and then shove them under our beds.

"Tie this, please." Sage asks, turning around so I can tie her bathing suit top on. She throws on a muscle tee over her bathing suit and goes to open the door for Uncle Andy.

I hear the doorbell, and Derek shouts that the cast is here too. I panic, throwing on an unbuttoned Hawaiian shirt on over my bathing suit top and shorts.

I almost slip as I run out of my room to greet everyone.

"Hi." I smile, looking at the boys and Sophia.

"H-hey." Finn stammers first before the chorus of greetings from the other cast members.

"This place is so adorable. And look at the view!" Sophia gasps, throwing an arm around me.

"Outside is this way. You guys can just leave your stuff in the living room." I say, Sophia still latched onto me. She pulls away to put her small bag down with the rest of them, and we head out to the little beach behind the house.

"This is your backyard?" Wyatt gapes.

"Yep." I smile sadly, knowing that my parents are missing this party. I bury it in the back of my mind, wanting to have a good time tonight.

"This is amazing!" Chosen says, running down to the fire pit with everyone else.

"Oh, one sec." Sage says, running into the house and then back out to get her lighter.

She pours a bit of lighter fluid on the wood, and everyone steps back. She carefully lights part of a branch on fire, letting the small flame grow and use the rest of the firewood and fluid as fuel.