Proposal (Requested by Underswap_Fontcest)

Ok thank you for the idea it's fabulous and I do hope you like how it turns out!

Goths POV 

I sigh, and my hands shake. They reach slowly for the phone, laying inches away from me.

"God why is this so difficult?" I mutter to myself. My skeletal fingers close around the phone, and find their way to the power button. I type in the passcode and my phone opens. The wallpaper is a selfie Palette took with me, we stare at the camera, cat ears on both of our heads. Palette's tongue sticks out and he is winking. I have one arm over his shoulder, grinning goofily. I smile softly at the photo, remembering that day. Palette had convinced me to wear a pair of cat ears, and I couldn't say no to him. I feel myself opening the message app, and hovering over Palette's contact. I click his name. I can't turn back now, for myself and Palette. I text him.

G: Hey Palette!

P: Hi Goth! What's up?

G: I was wondering if you wanted to see a movie later?

P: Of course! What time?

G: Pick you up at 6?

P: Sounds great! Bye Gothy! ❤️

I exhale, not truly realizing I was holding my breath. 

"If only he knew," I sigh. My hand finds its way into my pocket and closes around a small box. Inside the box is a ring that could change my life forever. If I can actually pull this off.

|le time skip brought to you by MTT's legs|

At 5:45 I find myself straightening the scarf around my neck. I stare into the mirror, into the eyes of somebody who looks so different. A skeleton in a black tuxedo, with a white undershirt.  A red scarf around their neck. Singular pupil looking back at myself. 

"Alright Goth. You can do this!" I encourage, giving myself a small pep talk. I give the mirror one last look before turning and walking out of my room. I exit the house and walk over to Palette's. I could drive, but his house and the movie theater are so close I don't bother. At exactly six I arrive at Palette's house, and knock on the door. It swings open to reveal Palette, in a fancy coat, grinning back at me.

"Hi Gothy!" Palette smiles.

"Hello my love!" I say happily. Palette laughs and hugs me. I wrap my arms around him too. I dip him slightly closer to the floor as if we were dancing and press my lips(?) to his. We stay tangled together like that for a while before breaking apart. I pull Palette up again, and take his hand. 

"Let's go!" Palette giggles, leaning on my shoulder.

"Right," I whisper, kissing his forehead.

We walk in silence for a few minutes, just enjoying the company of the other before Palette pipes up.

"You look so handsome Goth. I should've dressed better huh?" He says looking up at me with his innocent eyes. His innocent starry eyes... Wait! I need to stay focused right now, tonight is much to important.

"No it's ok Palette, you look great too!" I reply, bopping his nose. Palette laughs and kisses my cheek. We spend the rest of the fairly short walk talking about how we've been, and other random things that don't really matter. At one point Palette trips, and I catch him with one arm. We stand there laughing for a minute, before continuing to the theater.

At the theater I buy a bag of popcorn and two fountain drinks. As Palette fills up the two cups from a soda dispenser I add butter to the popcorn. I walk into the theater minutes later with Palette at my side. On the  screen a movie trailer plays, but I don't pay attention. My vision is only for the adorable skeleton next to me. We take our seats, smiling at each other.