No Need to be Sorry

Goths POV 

Perhaps it was fate. I guess I'll never really know. All I known is true is that I'm probably the luckiest guy ever.

When I was a kid I loved rainbows. Whenever it rained I would patiently wait for the sun to shine through the clouds and create a rainbow. One day I was standing outside (not out sauce autocorrect, can you get any more stupid?) in the rain soaked grass when a yellow, green, and white blur runs into me. I'm knocked to the ground with the stranger awkwardly on top of me

"Oh my stars! I'm so sorry!" The figure apologizes, getting off of me.

"No need to be sorry.. I should've gotten out of your way!" I murmur, while standing up. I take the time to get a better look at the stranger. He, like me is a skeleton. He wears a white jacket type thing with blue highlights on it. Pretty neat actually.

"So what are you doing out here?" He asks.

"Looking at the rainbow. How about you?" I ask.

"Oh! I don't know really.. I just like running!" He says happily. That's really cute actually. "Oh I'm Palette by the way!" He adds, extending his hand.

"Goth."  I shake his hand.

"Well I should be going! I think I forgot to tell my parents I was leaving! It was super nice meeting you! I hope we can talk again sometime!" Palette says, energy practically spilling out of him.

"Yeah! Nice to meet you too! See you around!" I reply.

"Bye!" Palette calls.

"Bye," I whisper. When he's out of ear-shot as if skeletons even had ears I start laughing to myself. I can't believe he forgot to tell his parents he was leaving. That's so unbelievably adorable. I really do hope I can see Palette again. He seems like somebody who would be a great friend.

I brush off my cloak, which is now covered in grass and water from the fall and smile. I head back into the house, which is just across the street. My parents aren't now home right now, so I could do whatever. Liiiiike....

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Read a book.

I'm a sucker for books. My favorite thing to do while I wait for a storm to pass is curl up in a small area with some blankets and a good book. Really. It sound so dumb but I don't care.

|Three years later|

Have I ever said how I hate high school? Probably. Well I'll say it again. I hate high school. I'm a sophomore, and I want out of this place. My scienceteacher, Mrs. Ty is super strict. Oh speak of the devil she just entered the classroom. Well actually I guess she is the devil. So is she speaking or... Ugh never mind.

"Attention class! We have a new student, I'd like to introduce to you!" She says in her annoying voice. I didn't even notice the skeleton next to her. He seems so familiar. Why though... 

"Oh hello everybody!" He says. Why is that voice so familiar.

"Ahem. Could you tell them your name?" She coughs. Wow, rude to the new kid already Mrs. Ty.

"Oh right!" He giggles. "I'm Palette! Palette Roller!"

It's Palette. I knew he was familiar. I'm so happy!

"Thank you Mr. Roller, you may take your seat," Mrs. Ty dismisses. Palette glances around the room. His eyes land on the seat right next to me. "I didn't feel like being bothered to teach you today so do whatever as long as you don't trash this room," Mrs. Ty says lazily as Palette leaves her side. Wow ok that's new.

"Hello!" Palette says cheerily. So he doesn't remember me.

Palette's POV 

The skeleton I took a seat next to doesn't react when I greet him. He just stares at me with a curious and happy look.

"Uh. Hello? Im Palette!" I repeat.

"Oh! Yeah sorry!" He says, snapping out of some kind of trance, "I know who you are. We've run into each other before!" 

"What." I say blankly. He laughs.

"You seriously don't remember?" He asks incredulously.

"Remember what?" I reply. 

Oh.

Wait.

I'm.

Freaking.

Stupid.

"Wait.. Goth?!" I screech, drawing some attention to me. I even think I hear a girl murmur 'he knows that loser?'

Goth nods slightly. "The one and only Goth Afterdeath!" This makes me giggle. 

I guess that bring me to where I am now, 7 years after that. Standing on a small hill, Goth in front of me.

It's a beautiful day outside.

Birds are singing.

Flowers are blooming.

On days like these.

Kids, er.. adults like me.

Should apologize.

About a year or two ago, Goth and I were dating. Then I cheated on him. Why? I don't know. I regretted it so much, but I blocked him out because I KNEW he still hated me. 

My arm extends, longingly reaching for the skeleton who stands feet in front of me.

"I'm sorry..." I whisper. I take a step back. My arm moves back to my side.

"There's no need to be sorry, ok?"

(That's right it's PALETTE'S POV! Bet you didn't see that one coming :3 Oh.. you did...? Ok then...)

I can't believe my ears. No need to be sorry? After everything I've done to him? What does he mean?

Goths POV

Perhaps it was fate. I guess I'll never really know. All I known is true is that I'm probably the luckiest guy ever. I could never be mad at Palette for long. He knows what he did is wrong, and I don't care that it took him over a year to apologize. 

I don't care about anything besides Palette.

(A/N): Ok I'm so sorry this wasn't 2000 words I'm really busy and my birthday is tomorrow and I need to get ready! Sooooo sorry you guys! Also we have almost 1000 reads you guys are amazing! Thanks for understanding! Bye!