[07]

---

---

La Push beach was nothing like the beaches back home, for one it was cold and for two it was wet. I was definitely never going in the water and was relieved that I had agreed to just whale watching. Although, the waves were descant. I sat with Angela and Bella, wrapped in a blanket as I ate Twizzlers. I leant my head against the vehicle's frame, taking a bite out of my sweet, watching Jessica, Mike and Eric prepare themselves for the (most likely) freezing water. I zoned out their conversation, not wanting to hear their complaining (well Eric's).

"So, I keep thinking that Eric's gonna ask me to the Prom," Angela started. "And then he just doesn't." She sighed.

"Some people can't take hints, Eric being one of them," I explained, sending her a sympathetic smile. "You should ask him."

"Take control. You're a strong independent woman," Bella told her, attempting to boost her confidence.

"I am?" Angela asked, touched by the notion.

"Of course. It's the twenty-first century, just ask. You're a strong, intelligent, beautiful woman, both inside and out. He'd be a fool to say no," I encouraged, sending her a warm smile.

"Thank you." Jessica then came to join us, asking if Angela could zip her up. I glanced up, looking to see Jacob and two other men walking towards us.

"Bella! Sky," Jacob greeted.

"Hi Jacob," both of us replied at the same time.

"Guys, this is Jacob," Bella introduced. I quickly stood, joining Jess and Angela by the front of the vehicle.

"Hey, Guys. How you doing?" He waved at Jess and Angela before moving to sit by Bella.

"What are you, like, stalking me?" Bella asked, jokingly. I rolled my eyes at the poor attempt.

"You're on my rez, remember?" He replied, going along with it. I frowned, wondering why he would even bother, she was about as funny as a brick to the face. "Are you surfing?" I snorted as he asked, imagining Bella attempting to even go into the water, let alone surf.

"Definitely not," she assured, sending me a glare.

"You guys should keep Bella company," Jessica spoke. "Um, her date bailed," she explained.

"What date?" Eric asked, quickly, his eyes darting around.

"She invited Edward," Jessica laughed.

"To be polite, that's it," Bells defended, brushing off the whole thing.

"I think it's nice she invited him. Nobody ever does," Angela voiced, standing up for her.

"Yeah, 'cause Cullen's a freak," Mike spoke.

"You got that right," one of Jacob's friends agreed.

"Mike, he may be a dick, but that's not nice," I scolded.

"You guys know him?" Bella questioned, glancing up at the pair.

"The Cullen's don't come here," one spoke, his statement making me curious.

"And the plot thickens," I joked, brushing off the sinking feeling his tone gave me. Eventually, the two left, leaving Jacob and Bella to wander down the beach, thus leaving Angela and me alone. "If you ask Eric to prom you're gonna need a dress," I stated, smirking at her. "And I happen to be an expert in fashion."

"You're definitely helping me," she reassured.

---

Later that night Bella explained to me everything Jacob had told her. Everything about the wolves and the weird Cullen's coming back thing. Honestly, the whole thing was freaky and if Bella was going to investigate then she could. I wasn't going to but she was going to tell me everything she found anyway. I went to sleep with the legends on my mind.

---

School began and for the first time, it was quite sunny. I looked around and everyone was taking advantage of it. People wore tank tops and shorts, acting like it was sweltering. Jessica sat on the table, eyes closed as she tilted her head up towards the sun, taking in as much of the pathetic sunlight as she could. Bella, on the other hand, was glancing around, probably trying to find the Cullens, who were apparently all sick or ditching. My money was on the latter.

"He's not here," Jessica informed, opening her eyes for a few seconds. "Whenever the weather's nice the Cullens disappear," she continued, only making Bells more confused.

"What? They just ditch?" Bella questioned, frowning.

"No, Dr and Mrs Cullen yank them out for hiking and camping and stuff," she told. "I tried that on my parents. Not even close."

"Why would they willingly do any of that?" I voiced, raising my eyebrows. "I mean if you enjoy that stuff I guess," I muttered. There was a short pause before Angela came running up to us, sitting down. The excitement was obvious as the words fell from her lips.

"Guys! I'm going to the Prom with Eric," she blurted, a smile gracing her lips. "I just asked him. I took control." I gave her a side hug, her excitement rubbing off on me.

"I told you that would happen, " Bella spoke.

"Go, Angela," I cheered. "You go girl." I smiled at her.

"Are you sure you have to go out of town?" Angela asked, glancing between us.

"Only Bella is," I informed. "It's something that doesn't really involve me."

"Yeah. It's a weird family thing," Bella added.

"So you're coming?" I nodded in reply. "Who with?"

"I'm going with myself." I shrugged. Jessica and Angela both gave me a weird look. "I don't need a date, I'll ask a friend or something." I shrugged again.

"Okay, we should go shopping in Port Angeles before all the good dresses get cleaned out," Jessica spoke, the bell ringing afterwards.

"Port Angeles?" Bells repeated. "You mind if I come?"

"Yeah, I need your opinion," Angela stated as if it were obvious.