REALITY BITES ME

I woke up with texts from everyone asking different questions

I woke up with texts from everyone asking different questions. I looked around and realized I was alone in aria's bed. Sighing, I got up and sneaked out to make my way home. Once I got there, I hoped in the shower and picked out an outfit. I am wearing a light pink skirt, a white shirt with little pink flowers on it tucked in, and tan ankle boots. I grabbed my keys and headed out the door.

'oh, a family fight that can't be good-A' I just rolled my eyes at the text. I'm so done with A.

"Hey guys," I said, approaching my friends in the hallway.

"hey, how are you?" Hannah asked me.

"like you care," I snapped at her, earning confused looks from the girls.

"anyways, you can't seriously think a blind girl broke into my house. That would take a lot more than a talking GPS.," spencer said to aria. Yes, I know what happened to trust me; spencer made sure I knew how mad she was when I didn't show.

"well, I didn't say Jenna was alone." aria pointed out.

"let's not go to the toby place, okay?" Emily asked, which I agreed.

"why not? You guys think her guide dog left behind her lipstick?" aria asked, making me roll my eyes.

" Yeah, do you want to ask what your lab partner was doing last night? If you know, maybe he took a break from sitting on his porch pulling the heads off of squirrels. " spencer said, causing me to roll my eyes. I was about to say something when a teacher called for spencer, so I just shooked my head and walked away.

" Mike," I said, getting his attention from down the hall. I watched as he turned back to his friend's fist-pumping them then making his way toward me. " I wanted to say thank you for last night," I added once he got to me.

" Yeah, no problem," he said with a smile, kissing me on the cheek. " umm, would you like to go on a date with me?" he asked, catching me off guard.

" yes," I said with a huge smile before walking away. Finally, something turns outright. Once I got home and did my homework, I got a text from mike telling me to be ready at 8. I got in the shower, did all my hair and face needs now time for the most challenging part, my outfit. Looking thru my closet about a hundred times, I finally decided on a white skater skirt, a long grey sleeve tucked in, and black knee-high boots.

" Hey, where are you going all dressed up," Hannah asked me once I entered the kitchen.

"out," I said, being short with her. It was passe eight and nothing. I can't believe he stood me up. I know he was hurt, but to do this? I hope there's a good explanation. It's around 8:40 when there a knock at the door.

"Your late," I said, upset.

" I know, but I do have an excellent reason, and if you would, I can show you," he said, extending his hand out for me to take.

" Okay," I said, grabbing his hand. It was about a 10-minute walk until we reached our destination. " what are we doing here?" I asked, confused.

" do you remember?" He asked, taking a sit on the bench. Which was decorated the same was as that night.

" Yeah. This is where you first told me you loved me, " I said, sitting beside him. " it was the most nervous and happy I have ever felt," I added with a laugh.

" tell me about it. Aria kept teasing me about how you wouldn't say it back," he said, causing us both to laugh.

" tell me, mike, what are we doing here," I asked. I had a feeling that I might not like this answer.

"I just want you to be happy, and I thought maybe if I brought you back here, then it wouldn't be so hard," he replied, leaving me so confused. " I can't- every-time I," he chocked out with tears in his eyes. " when I look at you, all I can picture is you and Noel. I know you said that nothing happened, and I want to believe you so bad, but there's something in me they can't. I love you, and I want to be with you. I just think I need some time," he said as tears came down both of our faces. I wanted to scream at him, tell him that this was a mistake, but I know it wouldn't change a thing.

" I know. And I don't blame you. I didn't do anything with him, but if time is what you need, then I'm going to give it to you because I'll wait. I'll wait for you because every part of me loves every part of you. " I told him as we continued to cry.

" I love you," he said, kissing my forehead.

" I love you too," I whispered, closing my eyes, looking at this moment for as long as I can. That night I walked home alone for the first time since we started dating. I feel somewhat numb.