THERES NO PLACE LIKE HOMECOMING

" what are you doing?" Aria asked as Spencer ripped her earbuds out

" we brought takeout and rag mags," Emily answered, dropping the stuff on her bed.

" But you cannot have any until you get out of these sweats," Hanna added.

" what's wrong with these?" Aria asked, causing me to let out a giggle.

" nothing-

" except they're starting to graft to your skin," Spencer answered, cutting me off.

" well, they're comfy." She replied, sitting up.

" so are mom jeans and platform flip-flops," Hanna answered as we all gave her weird looks.

" Plus, how are we gonna help you choose a homecoming dress if you don't try some on for us?" Emily asked as I sighed at the thought of homecoming.

" that's easy. I'm not going."

" girl, I'm with you," I commented.

" what do you mean you two aren't going?" My sister asked, giving us looks.

" Yeah, you guys can't just not go," Spencer said.

" Watch me," I mumbled, taking a seat.

" what are you guys going to do instead?" Emily asked.

" I don't know. I guess I'll just read these and then inhale a gallon of chunky monkey." Aria answers the same time I answered. " I was thinking of withering away in my own-self pity while I eat junk."

" what?" Spencer asked me, confused.

" what? It's not like I have a boyfriend anymore, so there goes my date," I said, rolling my eyes after they gave aria a pep talk the halfway convincing her to go... me, on the other hand, not so much.

" well, if you guys are not coming, can you at least cast an absentee ballot?" My sister asked as I nodded my head, and the girls gave her looks. " what? I need her vote."

" Hanna, stop already!" Spencer said, taking a seat as well. " you've got homecoming queen locked down."

" really? You can rig the election?" She asked as I threw a pen at her. That was sitting on the desk behind me.

As they all sat and talked, I couldn't help to think about mike. This was supposed to be our night. It was going to mark two years since we would have been together. I just don't know if I can bring myself to it.