36: "You know I've got a boyfriend."

Chapter 36 - "You know I've got a boyfriend."

**This chapter is dedicated to Crazyworthit because she left a lovely long comment on the last chapter and also because apparently Bella & Nathan are one of her favourite fictional couples! It's also a great feeling when someone tells you that reading your story has improved their day.**

Jack and I watched as a tall, dark-haired guy knocked lightly on Hayley's door. His two companions, both blonde and equally muscular, stood behind him, their eyes darting up and down the corridor almost nervously.  

"What's he doing?" Jack asked me.  

We were taking it in turns to use Jack's peephole to try to gather what was going on outside Hayley's room. On way out of the flat, I'd seen the three boys letting themselves in through the door that had been left propped open. Not wanting to encounter them, and also curious about why they were here, I'd darted into Jack's room so we could spy in safety.  

"Nothing. They're just waiting," I told him.  

"Let me see! It's my turn now!" he complained.  

"Jack, there's nothing to see!" 

"Well then you won't mind me taking over, will you?" he pointed out, nudging me away from his door so that he could resume the position at the peephole.  

I scowled and folded my arms but didn't outright complain. Jack was silent as he observed the strange scene that was taking place in between his and Hayley's doors.  

"Who do you think they are?" I asked.  

"Dunno. Do you think they're something to do with why Hayley and Gemma keep going out so much?" he suggested. "Oh! Hang on...the door's opening. They're going in..." 

"Is she leaving her door open?" I asked with hope.  

Jack snorted at that, which was a fair reaction to a stupid question. "Of course she's not. It's shut again now." He sighed and stepped away from his door. "Weird, huh?" 

"Very weird," I agreed, moving to sit down on his bed.  

"Maybe they're all having some kind of weird orgy," he shrugged. "It's Hayley so I wouldn't put it past her. Speaking of weird...when are you meeting up with Pedro?" 

"In about twenty minutes. I was just on my way out. And why is that weird?" I asked defensively, frowning at Jack.  

He smiled to reassure me. "I'm just teasing; don't fret. What are you doing?" 

"Going for drinks," I said. "Nathan was the one who told me to go. He says I spend too much time in the flat and that I should start making more of an effort to get out and about." 

"And does Nathan know that Pedro doesn't know that you've got a boyfriend?" 

"Pedro does know," I said. "And, you know what? Your constant comments about me telling Pedro about Nathan meant that I became scared to bring him up. Turns out I've actually mentioned him plenty of times, without realising." 

"Oh yeah?" Jack asked, raising an eyebrow with interest. "Did you just remember that?" 

"No," I said tartly, not appreciating his teasing. "When I told Pedro that I'd spent Christmas with Nathan in Italy, he said he remembered me telling him. And then he made a comment about first Paris and now Italy. So I obviously told him about our anniversary too." 

"Or maybe he just saw the Paris thing on your Facebook page," Jack pointed out.  

"Well, either way, he's obviously aware I've got a boyfriend and so you don't need to make me feel guilty about not bringing it up anymore."