Silent But Curious

A/N: Don'tcha just love this picture?! I know I do! Enjoy the chapter.
• • •
Description: Soundwave becomes curious with your differential behavior, and decides to conduct an investigation of his own.
• • •
2ND POV
7/5/17
• • •

   Soundwave snuck a glance at you from the corner of his dark visor. You were on monitor duty once again! Though it was a disappointment to be missing in action, you weren't really allowed to complain (unless you wanted your voice-box like Bumblebee's).

   You absolutely fascinated him. You, an anomaly, a femme, something as simple as a trooper, but more skilled than the others. It confused him. Soundwave didn't understand, and he most certainly did not like that. He'd ask Shockwave about it later.

   You absolutely confused him to no end as well. No one else on ship had ever made him feel this . . . odd. His minicon, Laserbeak, seemed to enjoy your company, which puzzled the rest of the crew almost as much as Soundwave. You could actually understand Laserbeak too, and by Primus, she was talkative. Though, you were quite alright with that! It was satisfying to have another femme to chat with, even if they were in a much different form.

Starscream and Knockout would joke about it for a while, but after a silent staredown, they'd stop. Soundwave hadn't even met you yet, and he sure as the Pits didn't know how to approach you! He couldn't do it like he normally did, consisting of silence, nodding, and various random voice clips.

One faithful day, you were returning to your berthroom from assisting Knockout at the medbay. He was glad to have you help out a lot, even if you spent most of your time at the control room. Soundwave spotted you on the cameras, and after some quick thinking, abandoned his post at the computer. He used his groundbridge power as a shortcut to intercept you at the end of the hall.

While you were casually strolling through the surprisingly quiet halls of the Nemesis, you rammed into a figure and almost fell on your aft. Luckily, the figure managed to catch you before you could! Then, you almost immediately realized it was the Decepticon TIC!

"O-o-oh primus! I-I didn't s-see you th-there!" You stuttered out, completely embarrassed. You stood upright (with the silent mech's assistant, of course) and saluted, unsure of what else to do. After a few seconds of awkwardness, you were rammed with your back to the wall by the one and only Soundwave.

"Eek! I mean—Uh-um, s-sir? What a-are y-you d-d-doing? I-if I m-may ask, o-of course." You were a little scared, and a little confused. But why all the stuttering? Laserbeak was your only friend, and really knew how to bring the talkative side out of you. Otherwise, you were the shyest 'Con onboard!

"Soundwave: Is curious." The mech had you pinned, and absolutely vulnerable as he felt around the bottom of your visor.

"A-about what, sir?" You asked. You tensed up. You were completely oblivious as to what you were supposed to do. Nobody really trained you for a situation like this.

   "Soundwave: Is curious about you." The TIC told you, and lifted your visor off your face. Now, your faceplates were completely revealed to him. Your soft red eyes, your luscious dermas and your furiously blushing cheeks.

   "A-a-and w-why might th-that b-b-be?" You shyly questioned him. The usually silent mech traced your mouth with his talons, which only made you blush even more. You activated your cooling fans to keep you from overheating in front of your commanding officer.

   "Statement: You are different. You do not fit in." Soundwave pointed out. He tentacles glided over you, poking around in fascination (A/N:they didn't go anywhere they shouldn't tho, relax) . You diverted your eyes from him in sadness.

   "I know." Was all you said. Soundwave snapped out of his trance. What had he been doing, besides furthering your fear and depression? He had been hypnotized by this nearly insignificant femme, acting out like never before. Of course, he did notice the energon rush to your face as soon as he removed your mask. He backed up, releasing you from your compromising position on the wall.

   "Statement: Apologies." That came as a surprise. Soundwave was apologizing to someone as lowly as you? Then again, what he did was certainly out of the ordinary. "Soundwave: Does not know what he was doing."

   "I-I, uh-um, i-i-its okay, s-sir!" You slowly took your mask from the floor. The TIC held out his servo, and motioned for you to hand it over. Confused, you did just that. And ever so gently, the mech placed it back on your face before silently nodding and walking away.

   What had been wrong with him? Soundwave, one of Megatron's most trusted advisors, had been acting so out of character! You shook your helm and ran to your berthroom.

    You'd have to consult Laserbeak about it in the morning.