Worthy Of A Prime • • • Pt.2

Description: Optimus finds himself warming up to you as you work beside him, showing great leadership skills. He begins to think you are 'worthy of a Prime'.
• • •
7/24/17
2ND POV
• • •

   Previously on 'Worthy Of A Prime'

   Previously on 'Worthy Of A Prime' . . . :

     "Wait, he smiles around you? All the time?"

   "Well, yeah! Doesn't he around everybody?"

   "Well yeah! But most definitely not all the time."

   "Huh!"

   "Do-do you think-?"

   "What? What is it, Jack?"

   "Do you—I don't know—think Optimus likes you? A lot. As in, romantically?"

   ". . ."

   "N/N?"

   "Honestly? I don't really think that's possible, especially for a bot like me."

   "Well, there's only one way to find out!"

   "Oh no."
• • •

   After your . . . interesting conversation with Jack, you had called for a ground bridge, and drove through it back to base. You pondered the boy's words as you worked on helping Ratchet fix up broken tools. After that you were called to get some Predacon bones with Bulkhead. You were successful in your attempt to get to them before the Decepticons, and you were finally laid off from your work for the day.

What a relief!

The rest of the day left you with no time to chat with with your glorious Prime or see his dashing, dorky smile. It wasn't like you were trying to hide from him, but, it was more like . . . he was attempting to hide from you. Optimus was usually hanging around base, or he was at least on a mission, which wasn't the case at all.

You asked around for the mech from the few bots at base, for the others were on missions or on patrol. The humans had already been returned home after the long day. You didn't really know what to do now. You thought you might retire to your berthroom early, like some of your other teammates!

And so, that was what you decided on. You were rather tired anyways from trying to help everybody out. Wait a minute. 'What if Optimus is in his?' You thought. You could talk to him then! Nice going N/N.
• • •

Currently, the Prime was in his berthroom. Except, he wasn't feeling his best. It's not that he was sick, oh no! Optimus was just trying to get his feelings sorted out. He couldn't let his team see him this un-Prime-like. The mech had stayed in his room all day, trying to feel better emotionally.

   Optimus Prime was very unused to this experience! He was making important, usually-life-threatening decisions all the time, but they almost always weren't for himself! But 'Why does he feel this way?' or 'what is causing him to feel so confused?' are some questions you may be asking yourself.

   Optimus, a mech so worthy he was named a Prime, a mech intelligent enough to decode the Iacon database, and the leader of the Autobots that fought many battles and saved thousands of cybertronians, was fretting over a femme.

   You, Y/D, N/N. The war hero viewed you as perfect. You were a bot worthy of a Prime! You went from something as simple as an eradicon trooper on the Nemesis, to a member of Team Prime that many trusted. He was proud of you, as you had quickly proved yourself to be a vital part of the team. But how, oh how, was this poor soul to tell you he admired you? How he liked you much more than a comrade, as a soldier. How was Optimus to tell you he loved you?

  The Prime often thought that one of the many flaws in humans was that they never found the courage to tell one another they loved them. Now, he was seeing clearly that those words applied to other life forms as well.

   "Optimus?"

   Wait a minute, he knew that voice!

   "N/N?" The mech croaked, disappointed at the voice crack. "What are you doing here?"

   "I . . . I came to check on you! I hadn't seen you all day, so I just wanted to make sure you were okay." You said quickly, not wanting to be rude. You're self-conscious side was really showing. You never said anything rude, yet you were always worried someone would take something the wrong way.

   "I am fine. I just-just needed some time to think." He told you. To be fair, it was the honest truth! He just didn't need to let you know it was all about you, that's all.

   "Oh, well okay! I'll just . . . go now." You mumbled, loud enough for him to here. You didn't really know what else to bring up while standing at your leader's door.

   "Actually, might you stay with me?" You whipped your helm back around to find the hopeful face of a Prime staring back.

   "I-um, s-sure!" Frag! You stutttered on the Nemesis, not at the new base of Team Prime! Optimus pretended not to notice as he abruptly pulled you towards him. Laying his head on your shoulder as the sudden hug took place, the mech spoke up.

   "In recent weeks, I seem to have grown feelings for you, and you alone." Honestly, your leader didn't know what he was doing! He was rolling along with what his spark told him to do, hoping that would be enough to show his affection.

   "I, um-err! I love you too?" It almost sounded like a question the way you announced it, but the words were truthful. Your voice was high-pitched with shock, but it quickly returned back to normal.

   "I love you too." He smiled as the words left his dermas, and then even more unexpectedness appeared out of thin air. Optimus Prime kissed you on the lips, a gesture which you gladly returned. He held you in his arms for the rest of the night as the two of you cuddled in his berth, as if when he let you go, you would disappear.

   You just never wanted to let go.