Emotionless

The crescent moon shone in the night sky, shedding on earth it's silver luminous glow. The rays bounced of from the water stopping at her form, sitting quietly in the darkness. Knees bent, held close to her body, her head laid on them slightly tilted towards the night sky. Beside her, the broken pieces of her once comforting star fixture sat in a pitiful half-broken state.
But tonight, even the vision of her brightly twinkling parents couldn't give her the comfort she was seeking. What could they do? Thier helpless souls slowly started letting thier tears free, hoping maybe thier tears would give their daughter the strength she needed to fight her battle.

Khushi lay lightly breathing, as the first rain of the season slowly took her in it's cold embrace.

The next morning was nothing out of the ordinary, as the granddaughter-in-laws of Devyani Singh Raizada, stood behind her in the house temple in prayer to their Devi Mayiaa. Finishing thier prayers, Khushi and Payal went to the kitchen to start preparing breakfast, as other members slowly started descending down. Anjali went to her grandmother in the temple, while Akash and Arnav headed out for thier walk and jog respectively. Mama, Mami, Shyam and NK were late risers and only came down around the time for breakfast.

After her prayers, Anjali went to the kitchen to see her bhabhis.

"Good morning Khushiji, Payalji."

Payal handed her a warmed glass of milk, which Anjali took making a reluctant face.

" Di, you got up late today? And since when did you start having milk in the morning. I was just about to make your tea."

Khushi voiced out her confusion at the changed morning routine.

" When you were at Buaji's place, Di had gone for her weekly check-up early  since the Doctor has some work tomorrow. She said, after the accident, Di had some minor complications, so to prevent weakness, she needs to take some vitamin tablets and milk to increase her calcium intake. Actually, it's good that you came now, since she always makes excuses to not have milk, now you can help me make her have it."

Khushi looked down remembering her visit, and the secrets unfolded there, while someone else quickly went away after hearing Payals words from the door.

Anjali pouted hearing Payal pointing out her mistake, and kept the milk on the side table.

" Not fair, Payal Ji. You and Shyamji are always behind me. He keeps reminding me about the tablets while you always force me to have the milk. I hate it's smell, and even the look of it makes me nauseous, forget the taste."

Anjali complained childishly hoping to take Payals mind off the milk, but is caught by Payal's brand new accomplice.

" That's it? I have a solution to both your problems. Jiji, from tomorrow, start adding some almonds and saffron to the milk. The taste will be better, the look will not you nauseous and you won't smell your hated odour, di.  And these ingredients are nutritious on their own and don't take anything away from the milk. Say?"

Khushi quickly did as she was saying and gave the glass to Anjali.
Anjali took it, looking at the glass suspiciously, but then drank it and looked at Khushi surprised.

" Wow Khushiji, if you were here earlier, I wouldn't have to make all those excuses."

Payal looked at her sister with a proud smile.
" Really Khushi, when it comes to problems with food, you have all the solutions, but rest all the problems, you create yourself."