Tough Choices

Looking at the truth Arnav could not bring himself to stay standing and ran out from there with tears falling from his eyes at his stupidity. The others just stood silently cursing themselves for all the blames they put on the young girl while she was not only enduring their rejection but also facing Shyam's uncomfortable advances.

While everyone was lamenting on this, NK suddenly noticed the absence of the subject of their sympathy.

"Khushi ji ?"

Anjali was reminded of her first question still left unanswered and looked towards the door from where her brother had exited just a few minutes back. 

As if he had sensed the mood in the room, Aman gave the door a slight knock. His eyes held confusion and uncertainty as he stood there deliberating whether to ask them about his boss running past him in a condition he had never seen the latter in throughout the years that he had worked with the man. He was completely bewildered at what could have possibly affected the mighty ASR enough to bring him to tears. But seeing the atmosphere in the room, he couldn't bring himself to open his mouth.

Anjali's eyes lit up with hope when she saw him. Aman was Arnav's Friday man, he would have her answers.

"Aman ji, I'm feeling really worried. Where's Khushi ji? She was shot as well. Is she fine? She wouldn't even let me call for an ambulance, and she was bleeding so much. Aman, please answer. Until and unless I know, I won't be able to relax."

Hearing her words, gasps of shocks went around the room and Payal actually fainted out of shock. Garima and Manorama helped her towards the nearest bed while Akash helped Shashi sit back down on his wheelchair and went towards his wife. 

Seeing the commotion, Aman went out to bring a doctor. 

Just outside the hospital was a small garden with a few rose bushes like his mother's garden

Just outside the hospital was a small garden with a few rose bushes like his mother's garden. HE sat down behind a tree defeated, crying out freely. It was still morning and not a lot of people were around, otherwise, his loud sobs would've definitely attracted a crowd. 

His eyes were bloodshot as the memories of the only woman he was able to harbour feelings started playing in front of them. 

From the time he locked her in Sheesh Mahal to the accusations he put on her till the day he last saw her, it was hard to think of any time when he had'nt hurt her; physically, mentally or emotionally. She had neared losing her life and family because of him, all because he couldn't fend off the demons from his past. 

She remembered that she had said that the mask of his misunderstandings will fall and today he could see a clear reflection of a beast; a heartless monster who didn't deserve any of the light that the wonderful woman he claimed to love brought into his dark life. 

As the reality of his actions and the regret came crashing down on him, his breathing became  aboured and he started sweating in the chilly morning winds as his mind began to lose himself in the darkness, until his eyes could hold on to the light no more.