Good news Bad news

The couple revisited the gloomy atmosphere they had gotten accustomed to in the last few months before their daughter had woken up.

Garima sat on the edge of the bed, where she had dropped down at the shock of the information she had just been given. She was still contemplating as Shashi sat down beside her holding onto her hand with his own. He knew exactly how she felt having felt the same a few hours ago. He recalled the surge of emotions as they attacked him with every single sentence he heard and the mortifying end that crushed his soul. He had wanted to lash out at the fate his family had recently been going through, but he stood helpless for most. He knew that this same heartbreak had to be given to his daughter too, who would probably be the most devastated.

"Khushi can't handle this right now."

He sighed knowing his wife was right, but the consequences of the other side were even more devastating.

"I know that this is the least likely time for this to drop into our laps, but we need to do something. Years ago, we tried to save a little girl from this, and we failed. Today, we stand to fail even trying."

The parallel shocked her and she turned to her husband, burdened with choice, "But how?"

"Telling her. We can ask for some time later, but for now, this is Khushi's decision. Even though she's still recovering, she has made an amazing improvement in just 2 weeks, and as the doctor said, it'll take barely a week more for her to completely recover physically. And as far as other things are considered, I don't intend to go anywhere, do you?"

"Do you have the letter?"

Devyani looked at her grandson blink in shock once she gave him the news

Devyani looked at her grandson blink in shock once she gave him the news. She knew that despite her decision yesterday, Anjali would never actually go talk to him.

She smiled at him fondly as his eyes slowly lit up at the thought of being allowed to be in his nephew's life. The thought was so foreign to him that he had to spend 5 minutes just trying to believe he wasn't dreaming.

He looked up at his grandmother, with tears pooling in his eyes, " Di allowed this?"

"Yes, she also realizes that despite the past, you do love her son and she doesn't want him to miss out on his Arnav Mama. Now you don't have to leave again."

She said the last sentence looking at the half-filled suitcase laying on the bed, a pained look crossing her face as she did.

"And what if her fear comes true? What if I make him a monster like me?"

Sighing she led him to the bed and picked up the photograph of Arnav, Anjali and Ratna that he had recently taken out from storage and placed on his bedside table.

"You know, the day you were named, I asked your mother why she chose 'Arnav'. Do you know what she told me? She said, that when she brought Anjali to the world, as much as she filled the house with life, she also brought chaos into her life. Despite us and maids, Ratna had insisted that she would cater to all the needs of you and your sister, but your sister gave her such a hard time, that she almost cried every night. Anjali would cry every single minute she left the room. Ratna could hardly get any sleep. On the other hand, you were a blessing to her tiredness. You were so obedient when you were a baby. She said she named you after the calmness that the ocean would fill her heart with. Unfortunately, she forgot that the calm seas are also home to the most terrifying storms. As soon as you started talking, her peace was gone. God, you were such an angry child, all the adults were afraid of you. We all knew that your anger would make your life in the world tough, but we just ignored it thinking you'll grow out of it. Only you never did. And after Ratna was gone, your anger increased tenfolds. But knowing what you had been through, I didn't have the heart to say too much about it. You made so many bad decisions in your anger, affecting lives in ways we don't even know. But when you left, I was completely overwhelmed. Shyam turned out to be a criminal, my grandaughter's marriage was ruined, one daughter-in-law was gone and the other was barely speaking to us, all I wanted was to bring you back and teach you what your anger did, finally reprimand you as I should have years ago. I wanted things to stop unravelling, and I missed you. You are my daughter's son, and I helped her raise you, and as ashamed as I am to date because of your actions, I can't just abandon you. And then when you came back, I was just happy to have part of my family back. And then I saw, how much you changed. Your anger was gone, replaced with patience and understanding. You saw the family's ignorance and you swallowed it all, you started talking to the servants respectfully, you were patient with mistakes, you learned to step aside when Anjali asked you to and above all, you regret what you did. This is what makes me believe that the person Anjali feared would be a bad influence on her son, has grown into someone who would only love that child and teach him what I failed to teach you since you've learnt that from life itself."